After converting bulk flower into prepack or pre-roll units, you can mass print compliant labels by following these steps.
Before you setup:
- Check your internet connection
- Make sure you have all hardware (see below)
- Your router will need to be accessible
- Install Google Chrome
Checklist of your hardware:
- Barcode Label Printer (Zebra ZD410 or Zebra LP 2824)
- Power cord for Barcode Label Printer
- Ethernet cable
- 2.25x4" labels
- Personal Computer logged into Back Office
To Install the Barcode Label Printer:
1 Connect the power cord to both printer and power outlet.
3 Connect the printer to your wireless router. Be sure to connect the printer to LAN and not WAN.
4 Turn on the printer. The On/Off button will be on the right side.
5 Go to the Settings page in the Back Office. Note: Printing these labels requires Google Chrome. You can download this web browser here.
6 Click Label Printer in the side navigation bar.
7 Install the label printing app. A new window will pop up, prompting you to install the app in Google Chrome. Note: This must be done from a PC or Mac, not from the iPad. You will not be able to install this app on the iPad.
8 Click "Launch Printer Config."
9 The printer's IP address should show up automatically. Set the printer as the default.
Not showing up? You can manually enter the IP address!
Note - The printer's IP address should show up automatically, but if it doesn't there is a way to manually enter the IP address by clicking on the Settings button next to refresh. To find the IP address of your printer manually, you'll need to print a configuration report.
Click the Settings icon, and you'll be able to manually enter the IP address that's listed on the top of your configuration report.
To Print a configuration Report:
For Zebra LP 2824 Plus - you may need to do a factory reset. Hold the Receipt Printer button down for 3-5 seconds until the green light blinks once, and try again.
For Zebra ZD410 - hold down the feed and cancel button while the printer is turned on. The configuration report should print out.
10 Do a test print to verify that everything is working correctly.
To print package labels from the Back Office:
1. Convert bulk flower into a product that is measured in units (e.g. pre-roll, prepack). A "print labels" button will appear next to the convert save button.
2. You can also go to a converted product and select "Print Package Label" from the Actions menu.