You want to streamline your customer’s shopping experience. You know the typical quantities of flower product that your customer’s buys. Instead of bogging down the shopping experience with deli-style weighing of the product, you’ve realized that it’s faster to pre-pack your products in popular quantities or roll them as joints.
This is one of our recommended practices.
Here is how you can print packaging labels for pre-packed products in the Back Office.
Before you begin:
- Connect your label printer to your local network
- Pair your Back Office with your label printer
- If you decide not to use our default, compliant labels, for your state, you can set up your own custom label template
- Fill in any of the additional, supported information you want to show on the label for the weight based product
1. Find the Product to Convert
Visit the Back Office and find the weight based product you want to convert to pre-pack. Select that product.
Note: the product should have a product type with a transaction limit type of “Flower”.
Note: you can create multiple conversions from one product into another.
- Scroll to the bottom of the product information form and find the lot/package you’d like to convert to pre-pack.
- Click the “Actions” drop down and select the convert option.
2. Convert your Product
Decide how much of the original weight backed product you want to convert into pre-packed units. Take that amount and fill in the “Quantity” the resulting quantity in units.
Note: Green Bits supports conversion into other weights, but printing packaging labels only work for conversion from weight based product into unit based products.
Using the screenshot above as a reference, the weight based product is being converted in 12 units of new product, like joints
Figure how much of the weight based product, in weight, is in each unit of the pre-packed product. You can add this amount into the “Weight” input.
Using the screenshot above as a reference, the weight based product is being converted in 12 units of new product, each of which contains 1g of the weight based product
Find the unit based product that you are converting the weight based product into by clicking the “Search For Products” input. You will be presented the familiar product search and creation pop up used throughout the Back Office.
Find or create the desired unit based product.
Select the desired unit based product.
*Using the screenshot above as a reference, the weight based product “Barry White Bulk” is being converted in 12 units of “Barry White 1G”, each of which contains 1