You’ve got some inventory that you keep and track as a weighted product. You’d like to sell a portion of that to the customer, weighed out to their desired amount.
We call that deli-style.
You want to stream line the customer shopping experience, so you get everything weighed out and wrapped before your customers even see a register.
You’ve got our weight station.
Here’s how you can print the a label for the weighed out amount at the weigh station.
Before you begin
- Setup the Weigh Station App.
- If you decide not to use our default, compliant labels for your state, you can setup your own custom label template
- Ensure that you have weight based product to sell.
- Fill in any of the additional, supported information you want to show on the label for the weight based product.
Step 1 - Find the Product the Customer Wants
2. If it is not there, tap the plus icon on the lower right.
3. Scroll to find the product you want to weigh out and tap that row.
4. Select which lot/package you want to start deducting weight from when the product is sold.
5. You’ll be sent back to the main screen with a tile added for the new product you’ve selected.
6. If you want to remove/rename/move products tiles on the main screen, tap the pencil icon on the top right to edit the tiles. Tap the check icon where the pencil icon used to be to save it.
Note: the weigh station will only list weight based products.
Tip: You can pre-load the weigh station with tiles for all the bulk flower products you commonly sell for ease of access
Note: the weigh station will only work offline with products that have been pre-loaded.
Step 2 - Weighing the Product
1. Tap on the flower tile for the product you want to weigh.
2. Put something on the scale. You’ll see the weight on the app change from 0g to the weight on the scale’s screen.
3. Should the scale become disconnected from the tablet for any reason, you can fall back to manual entry by tapping to manually enter the weight.
4. If you want to change which SKU/package the weigh is deducted from, you can tap the pencil icon next to the product name to select a different SKU/package for the product being weighed.
Step 3 - Printing the Label
1. Press “Print” on the bottom of the screen
2. The printer will generate a label based on our default template for your state or your custom template. It will fill it with information from the product.
Make sure that the physical connection between your devices are secure. Follow the instructions for setting up the weigh station hardware again.