If you ever need to make a mass change to your customers, Green Bits is here to help. Follow the step-by-step guide below, and your customer list can be edited quickly.
Bulk Delete Customers
You can delete individual customers by selecting a customer profile in Back Office and clicking the Delete button at the lower right. However, if you have a large number of customers to delete, contact the Customer Success team and request a bulk delete rather than taking the time to deleting customers individually.
To request a bulk delete:
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you'd like to BULK DELETE.
2. Specify if you'd like to delete Customers and/or Employees (Note: this refers only to Customer profiles where the "Person Type" is set to "Employee", not User profiles). If you would like to Delete Patient data, please follow instructions below for Bulk Update your Customer Data.
3. Supply written permission from the Main Admin of your account. This can be done by CC'ing them on the email, or by providing a screenshot or document with their written approval.
4. Support will confirm once the bulk delete is complete. You can also check on the status in your Tasks.
Why do we need to have written permission?
Deleting customers can not be undone. Since this is a permanent change that cannot be reversed, we will need to ensure that this is a decision that includes the main decision makers at your store.
What if we want to delete Patient information?
If you would like to Bulk Delete Patients, please follow the instructions below to "bulk update of your customer, patient, and/or employees". In order to have accurate tax reporting & segment your Medical Sales, we'll need to retain Patient IDs and Expiration Dates.
Bulk Update Customers
If you'd like to edit or delete only a portion of your customer data, Green Bits will be able to assist you. In order to know the information you'd like to update, we'll need your assistance by downloading your customer list and letting us know what data to update, or which customers to delete.
To request bulk deleting a portion of your customers, patients, and/or employees:
2. Optional: Filter your list to pull up only the people you'd like to update. Click Advanced Filters > choose what to Filter By in the drop-down. For instance, you can filter by Person Type > Patient to pull up only Medical Patients.
3. Click Export Customer List. If you have filtered your list, only the people who appear in your filtered list will be on your export list.
Your Customer Export will be emailed. To save time, you can go directly to your Tasks page where you can locate all of your reports.
4. Open your Customer Export in Microsoft Excel. Don't have Excel? No worries - you can use Google Sheets, a free service. Here's how you can convert this Customer .xlsx file to Google Sheets.
5. Do not Edit or Delete any of your Column Headers. If you edit or delete this column, you could risk deleting all customer data in this column.
6. Add a column to your spreadsheet. Title this column Delete without any spaces. This is case-sensitive, so you must capitalize the first letter of Delete, with the rest lower case.
7. Mark this column “Yes” for all customers you want to be deleted.
8. Save this spreadsheet as a .csv file.
9. Email this spreadsheet to email@example.com. Let our team know that you want to Bulk Delete the customers on this spreadsheet.
10. Supply written permission from the Main Admin of your account. This can be done by CC'ing them on the email, or by providing a screenshot or document with their written approval.
11. Support will confirm once the bulk update is complete!
Bulk Update Patients
If you would like to Bulk Update Patients, please follow the instructions below. In order to have accurate tax reporting segment your Medical Sales, we'll need to retain Patient IDs and Expiration Dates, therefore we do not recommend deleting patient records entirely.
To request a bulk update of your customer, patient, and/or employees:
Follow steps 1 - 6 above in Bulk Delete a subset of customers.
1. After opening your Customer Export in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets, go through your list and edit or "Clear Contents" to delete all fields you wish to be updated.
2. Do not Delete any Green Bits IDs. Green Bits IDs help us identify this customer. If you delete this ID, we will not be able to recognize which customer you wish to update.
For instance, if you want to delete all Patient information except the patient ID (ID Number) and the Expiration Date of the ID, you will want to go through each column and row and delete all other fields except for Green Bits ID (Column A), ID Number (Column H), Expiration Date (Column R).
3. Save this spreadsheet as a .csv file.
4. Email this spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let our team know that you want to Bulk Edit the customers on this spreadsheet.
Can I make Bulk Updates on the same list that I Bulk Delete?
Yes, you can! You can edit customer fields the same time you mark other customers to be deleted. This does not need to be two separate spreadsheets.
Tips and Tricks - How to make sure you edit / delete the right information
Best Practices - Oregon Stores implementing SB863
Below is what we find may save you time if you are an Oregon store that wishes to keep your patient ID numbers & expiration dates, but wishes to delete all other customer data on your account:
For your Customers: Reach out to Support to Request to Bulk Delete all Customers Only.
- For your Patients: Follow the instructions above to download your patient list, then delete all other fields except for Green Bits ID (Column A), ID Number (Column H), & Expiration Date (Column R). You can also keep information such as Caregiver ID Number, Loyalty Points, and Created At (Date you added customers in Green Bits). Email this .csv list back to support and request to Bulk Update this customer list.