Bluetooth printers are mobile and well-suited for businesses that require fast and frequent printing. The article below will help you set up the Star Micronics 654II Bluetooth receipt printer.
Pairing the Printer to your iPad
Click here for a video tutorial before beginning the setup process
1. Plug the power cable into the right most port on the back of the printer
2. Power the printer on with the switch on the left side
3. Load the roll of paper into the printer as shown below
4. Hold the PAIR button for approximately 8 seconds until the green light on the back starts blinking. A solid green light indicates the printer is not connected, and a blinking green light indicates the printer is not connected but ready to pair
5. Visit your iPad Settings and open Bluetooth
6. Tap Star Micronics and wait for it to change to Connected, then confirm the light on the back of the printer has changed from green. If Star Micronics is not showing up here, visit our Bluetooth Receipt Printer Troubleshooting[link] article.
Connecting the Printer to the Cash Drawer
7. Make sure the printer is paired to the iPad
8. Locate the cable that was included with the cash drawer, and connect the narrower end of this cable to the DK port on back of printer
9. Connect the wider of the cable end to the underside of the cash drawer
Connecting your Printer to Green Bits
10. Sign into the Green Bits register app
11. Tap on the stacked white lines in the top left corner to open the menu shown below, and tap Settings
12. Now tap on the Receipt Printer button [need updated image]
13. Within a few seconds, the printer should show up here as Star Micronics. Tap the switch to the on/green position [need new image]
14. Tap the Test Print button to test the receipt printer connection with the register app. When you see this, you are connected and can start printing receipts.