Cash management strategy is a crucial decision for every retail store. Green Bits gives you three options to increase flexibility.
One Till Per Cashier
This is the default model in Green Bits because it provides the strictest cash management. This model places responsibility for cash management at the register on the cashier.
Here is how it works:
- The till follows the cashier from register to register (and on their break).
- Cashiers can log out of one register, pull their till, log into another register and insert their till.
- Employees log in before each shift. Sales and transactions are tracked for each employee.
How to make a change
1. Click the gear icon in the upper right of the Back Office, then select Store Options on the left.
2. Click the button next to your desire approach.
CASH MANAGEMENT SUMMARY
|One Till Per Cashier||Shared Tills + Cashier Tracking||Shared Tills - No Cashier Tracking|
|Is this the Green Bits cash management default setting?||Yes||No||No|
|Is a single cashier accountable for cash overages and underages?||Yes||No||No|
|Can each transaction be traced to a single cashier?||Yes||Yes||No|
|Who is responsible for reconciling cash, making drops, inserting change?||Cashier||Store Manager||Store Manager|
|Does the till follow the cashier from register to register (and on their break)?||Yes||No||No|
|Are sales and transactions are tracked for each employee?||Yes||Yes||No|
|Can multiple budtenders use the same register and share the drawer?||No||Yes||Yes|
|Does the till account follows the register or a particular cashier.||Cashier||Register||Register|
|Can one cashier accidentally ring up a sale under another cashier's login?||No||Yes||N/A|