This setup allows you to print barcode labels for paraphernalia, and any other products that come into your store with defective or absent barcode labels.
Before you set up:
- Check your Internet connection
- Make sure you have all hardware (see below)
- Your router will need to be accessible
Checklist of hardware:
1. Connect the power cord to both printer and power outlet.
2. Load barcode labels.
3. Connect the printer to your router. Be sure to connect the printer to LAN and not WAN.
5. Go to the Settings page in the Back Office.
Note: Printing barcodes requires Google Chrome. You can download this web browser here.
7. Install the label printing app.
A new window will pop up, prompting you to install the app in Google Chrome. Note: This must be done from a PC or Mac, not from the iPad. You will not be able to install this app on the iPad.
9. The printer's IP address should show up automatically.
Not showing up? You can manually enter the IP address!
Note - The printer's IP address should show up automatically, but if it doesn't there is a way to manually enter the IP address by clicking on the Settings button next to refresh. To find the IP address of your printer manually, you'll need to print a configuration report.
To Print a configuration Report:
For Zebra LP 2824 Plus - you may need to do a factory reset. Hold the Receipt Printer button down for 3-5 seconds until the green light blinks once, and try again.
For Zebra ZD410 - hold down the feed and cancel button while the printer is turned on. The configuration report should print out.
Then you can manually add the IP address!
To add the IP address manually, click the Settings icon in the upper right-hand corner. Then manually enter the IP address in the Printer IP Address that's listed on the top of your configuration report
No need to enter a Printer Port, just click the Green Check Mark. Your IP address will now appear!
Don't forget to set the printer as default!