When you create Customers in Green Bits, you can register them for your Loyalty Program, run Customer reports, and add your employees as Customers.
If your store uses the Customer Queue, use this workflow to check in customers the first time they visit your store. To check in existing customers using the Customer Queue, use this existing customer workflow instead.
Create new Customers and check them in
- From the Back Office, select Customers.
- Select Add Customer.
- Select the appropriate Customer Group.
- Customer: Select for recreational/adult use customers.
- Patient: If you enabled medical transactions, select for customers who have a medical ID card. If you operate in a state with multiple Patient designations that need to be taxed differently, refer to the information in Customer Groups.
- Employee: Select if the customer you are adding is also one of your employees. You can use this to give employee discounts and, in certain states, distribute cannabis samples.
- Fill in the customer's information.
- Select Save.
- If you use the Customer Queue, select Check in to check the customer in to the queue.
- First Name, Last Name, and Birth Date
- Driver's License/State ID Card - ID Number (driver's license number), Expiration Date, State, and Zip Code.
- Medical ID: ID Number (medical card number - required for all Patients), Expiration Date, Caregiver and Physician information. Colorado stores also include fields for Membership, Plant Count, and Carry Limit.
- Extended Information - Contact info, Gender, Referral Source, and Notes.
- File Attachments - Attach a photo, copy of driver's license or medical ID card, or any other relevant documents pertaining to a customer. Supported file types are .jpg, .png, and .pdf, with a maximum file size of 2 megabytes.
Tip: Use your Socket scanner paired with your computer in HID mode or any USB scanner to scan customer IDs, speeding up the process and ensuring accuracy. Select either of the ID number fields and scan the barcode on the back of the customer's driver's license, state ID, or medical ID.
You can also create customers and patients at the Register.