Creating a customer in Green Bits allows you to track important information about your customers over time. After you create customers, you can register them for your Loyalty Program, run customer reports, and more. You can also add your employees as customers in order to give them an employee discount or distribute samples.
Create a customer in Back Office
Select Customers from the top menu bar in Back Office, then + Add Person.
Fill in the following fields as needed. All fields are optional unless otherwise noted:
- Person Type: Select Customer (recreational/adult use customer), Patient (if you've enabled medical transactions), or Employee. The Employee setting is used for employee discounts and, in certain states, distributing marijuana samples. This field is required.
- If you operate in a state with multiple Patient designations that need to be taxed differently, see our article on Customer Groups.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Birth Date
- Driver's License / State ID Card - ID Number (driver's license number), Expiration Date, State, and Zip Code.
- Medical ID: ID Number (medical card number - required for all Patients), Expiration Date, Caregiver and Physician information. Colorado stores also include fields for Membership, Plant Count, and Carry Limit.
- Extended Information - Contact info, Gender, Referral Source, and Notes.
- File Attachments - Attach a photo, copy of driver's license or medical ID card, or any other relevant documents pertaining to a customer. Supported file types are .jpg, .png, and .pdf, with a maximum file size of 2 megabytes.
Tip: Use your Socket scanner paired with your computer in HID mode or any USB scanner to scan customer IDs, speeding up the process and ensuring accuracy. Select either of the ID number fields and scan the barcode on the back of the customer's driver's license, state ID, or medical ID.
You can also create customers and patients at the Register.