When your store uses Express Check-In, your reception staff can add customers to Green Bits and check them in by scanning their Driver's License or state ID card. Express Check-in speeds up check-in from the Back Office and means you can deliver better customer service.
Why do I want to use Express Check-in?
- Finding existing customers and adding new ones is as fast as an ID scan.
- The Express Check-in scanner automatically adds name, date of birth, Driver's License/state ID number, expiration date, and address to your customer profiles.
- The Express Check-In scanner detects expired IDs and under-21 IDs.
- Green Bits applies points toward your Loyalty Program to checked-in customers, when budtenders ring a sale for them.
- Your budtenders save time by not having to look up customers at the Register.
- Your budtenders can personalize sales by viewing purchase history, accessing stored documents, and recording notes about regular customers.
How do I set up Express Check-in?
Express check-in set-up is only three steps:
- Buy a new or renewed Zebra Symbol DS9208.
- In Green Bits, turn on the Customer Queue.
- On the computer you use to access Back Office to check in customers, connect the Zebra Symbol DS9208 ID scanner to a USB port.
After that, you can start scanning IDs and checking customers in from the Back Office.
How do I check in customers if I don't have Express Check-in?
- If your store is in Oregon, you can't use Express Check-In because of Oregon laws about saving customer information. Here's how to check in recreational customers without creating a profile.
- If your store is in California and you have a Magstripe Magtek reader, you can use this workflow.
- You can check customers in manually.