If you report your cannabis sales to your state through Metrc, follow this guide to receive cannabis inventory into Green Bits so you can sell it from your Register. For more information, see the Receive inventory overview.
- Accept manifests in Metrc
- Look for manifests in Green Bits
- Associate the items on your manifest with Products
Accept manifests in Metrc
- Log in to your Metrc account and view your manifests.
- Make sure each Package reflects the unit of measure in which you will sell it, as you won't be able to change this later. If not, change the unit of measure before accepting the manifest, or ask the vendor to re-do the manifest and correct the unit(s) of measure. For example:
- Bulk flower should typically be tracked and sold in grams.
- Pre-packaged items such as pre-rolls, concentrates, extracts, or edibles should typically be tracked and sold as units/each.
- Accept the manifest.
- Wait about 5-15 minutes.
Look for manifests in Green Bits
- In the Green Bits Back Office, go to Inventory > Incoming Inventory.
- Look for manifests under the Accepted (Unassigned Lots) in the status drop-down, and select one.
- If you waited longer than 15 minutes and you don't see a manifest under Accepted (Unassigned Lots), select Sync and then refresh your browser window to fetch new manifests.
- Do not click Sync more than once! This could slow down the fetch process.
When you select and open the manifest, you'll see package IDs and inventory information for each of the items you ordered from the vendor.
Associate the items on your manifest with Products
- For each package ID, associate it with a Product in Green Bits.
- Before you continue to the next step: If you have never sold this product before, select Add New Product and create a new Product.
- If you have sold this product before, select Search for products and select it.
If you can't find the Product you are searching for, make sure the unit of measure matches. See What do I do if a unit-based item appears on my Metrc manifest as weight-based? for more information.
- Enter the Wholesale Cost Per Unit.
- This is the cost that you paid the vendor for each unit of an item, not the price that you will sell the item for in your store.
- Quantity Received auto-populates based on information pulled from Metrc.
- Create a SKU. Green Bits uses the SKU to generate a barcode that you can scan at the Register.
- A SKU is unique to a specific package, and you can't re-use it on future cannabis inventory.
- Some items may already have a barcode on the packaging, but these vendor-generated barcodes are usually not unique to a specific package. Instead of relying on these vendor barcodes, create a unique SKU in Green Bits and print your own barcode labels.
- By default, Green Bits uses the 24-character Package ID as the SKU. However, a 24-character barcode is too wide to fit on barcode labels printed from Green Bits. The end of the barcode gets "cut off" and as a result the scanner doesn't recognize the SKU when you attempt to scan it. Creating a shorter 8-digit SKU avoids this problem.
- To print barcode labels, make sure your label printer is connected and then select the barcode button.
You can also print barcode labels later.
- When you're done, verify the Total Cost at the top of the page and then Save.
- Add inventory information, such as test results or cultivator information, so that it prints on package labels.
Tip: You can save your work in progress by selecting Save. When you are ready to finish the manifest, look for it in Incoming Inventory under the Accepted (Unassigned Lots) status.
When you go to the Products page and view these Products, you will see that they now include the quantity you received. Print barcode labels, if necessary, and start ringing these items up at the register.
You can also view the manifest later by filtering for a manifest status.