If you report your cannabis sales to your state through Metrc, follow this guide to receive cannabis inventory into Green Bits so you can sell it from your Register. For more information, see the Receive inventory overview.
Accept manifests in Metrc
- Log in to your Metrc account and view your manifests.
- Important: For Bulk Flower, if the vendor entered a unit of measure other than grams, change the unit of measure to grams in Metrc before you accept the manifest.
- Accept the manifest.
- Wait about 5-15 minutes.
Look for manifests in Green Bits
- In the Green Bits Back Office, go to Inventory > Incoming Inventory.
- Look for manifests under the Accepted (Unassigned Lots) in the status drop-down, and select one.
- If you waited longer than 15 minutes and you don't see a manifest under Accepted (Unassigned Lots), select Sync one time to refresh the page and pull in new manifests. Do not select Sync more than one time in a row.
When you select and open the manifest, you'll see package IDs and inventory information for each of the items you ordered from the vendor.
Associate the items on your manifest with Products
- For each package ID, associate it with a Product in Green Bits.
- Before you continue to the next step: If you have never sold this product before, select Add New Product and create a new Product.
- If you have sold this product before, select Search for products and select it.
If you can't find the Product you are searching for, make sure the unit of measure matches. See What do I do if a unit-based item appears on my Metrc manifest as weight-based? for more information.
- Enter the wholesale Cost Per Unit.
- This is the cost that you paid the vendor for each unit of an item, not the price that you will sell the item for in your store.
- Quantity auto-populates based on information pulled from Metrc.
- Barcode is automatically populated with the package ID. Package IDs are often too long to fit onto a standard barcode label.
- If an item already has a barcode label, you can use that barcode instead of the package ID. Scan it with your barcode scanner.
- Otherwise, enter your own Barcode or select Create to assign a random SKU.
- Print barcode labels and label your items before selling them.
- When all of your package IDs are done, verify the Cost at the top of the page and then Save.
- Add inventory information, such as test results or cultivator information, so that it prints on package labels.
Tip: You can save your work in progress by selecting Save. When you are ready to finish the manifest, look for it in Incoming Inventory under the Accepted (Unassigned Lots) status.
When you go to the Products page and view these Products, you will see that they now include the quantity you received. Print barcode labels, if necessary, and start ringing these items up at the register.
You can also view the manifest later by filtering for a manifest status.