If your state does not require you to report our cannabis sales through a traceability system, follow this guide to receive cannabis inventory into Greenbits so you can sell it from your Register. For more information, see the Receive inventory overview.
Create a manifest and add items to it
- In the Back Office, go to Inventory > Incoming Inventory.
- Select Add Manifest.
- Enter vendor and reference details.
- For Reference ID, it is best practice to enter the PO# for your order, so you can search for this manifest later using the PO#.
- Enter today's date in Transfer Date.
- Select Add Item for the number of items from this vendor that you want to add to your Greenbits inventory.
- For example, if you are adding Jack Herer Bulk Flower, Sour Diesel 1g Pre-rolls, and Wild Cherry Gummies 10mg (10 count package) from this vendor, select Add Item three times.
Associate your items with Products
Follow these steps for each item you added.
- From the Quantity Received drop-down, select the unit of measure.
Important: By default, this is set to units, so only unit-based products will appear when you search for Products in the next step. If you are receiving a weight-based item, select grams before you search for Products, so weight-based items will appear.
- Associate items with a Product in Greenbits.
- Before you continue to the next step: If you have never sold this product before, select Add New Product and create a new Product.
- If you have sold this product before, select Search for products and select it.
- If applicable, check the box for Medical Only to ensure that budtenders can only sell this item to qualifying Patients.
- Enter the Wholesale Cost Per Unit.
- This is the cost that you paid the vendor for each unit of an item, not the price that you will sell the item for in your store.
- Enter the Quantity Received of the item that you are receiving.
- If you need to create SKUs and print barcodes, select the Create button under SKU. Learn more about SKUs and barcodes.
To print barcode labels, make sure your label printer is connected and then select the barcode button .
You can also print barcode labels later.
- When all of your items are entered, verify the Total Cost at the top of the page and then Save.
- Add inventory information, such as test results or cultivator information, so that it prints on package labels.
When you go to the Products page and view these Products, you will see that they now include the quantity you received. Print barcode labels, if necessary, and start ringing these items up at the register.