If your state does not require you to report our cannabis sales through a traceability system, follow this guide to receive cannabis inventory into Green Bits so you can sell it from your Register. For more information, see the Receive inventory overview.
Create a manifest and add items to it
- In the Back Office, go to Inventory > Incoming Inventory.
- Select Add Manifest.
- Enter vendor and reference details.
- For Reference ID, it is best practice to enter the PO# for your order, so you can search for this manifest later using the PO#.
- Enter today's date in Transfer Date.
- Select Add Item for the number of items from this vendor that you want to add to your Green Bits inventory.
- For example, if you are adding Jack Herer Bulk Flower, Sour Diesel 1g Pre-rolls, and Wild Cherry Gummies 10mg (10 count package) from this vendor, select Add Item three times.
Associate your items with Products
Follow these steps for each item you added.
- From the Quantity Received drop-down, select the unit of measure.
Important: By default, this is set to units, so only unit-based products will appear when you search for Products in the next step. If you are receiving a weight-based item, select grams before you search for Products, so weight-based items will appear.
- Associate items with a Product in Green Bits.
- Before you continue to the next step: If you have never sold this product before, select Add New Product and create a new Product.
- If you have sold this product before, select Search for products and select it.
- If applicable, check the box for Medical Only to ensure that budtenders can only sell this item to qualifying Patients.
- Enter the Wholesale Cost Per Unit.
- This is the cost that you paid the vendor for each unit of an item, not the price that you will sell the item for in your store.
- Enter the Quantity Received of the item that you are receiving.
- For each item, decide whether to create a new SKU, or use a pre-existing SKU.
- Green Bits uses the SKU to generate a barcode label that you can scan at the Register.
- If you're accepting new inventory for a Product that has pre-existing inventory, Green Bits automatically assigns the new inventory to the existing SKU.
- If the Wholesale Cost has changed since the last time you accepted inventory for this Product, Green Bits calculates a weighted average cost.
- If you prefer to track the specific Wholesale Cost of each inventory intake separately, select Create to generate a new, unique SKU.
- Some items may already have a barcode on the packaging, but these vendor-generated barcodes are usually not unique to a specific order or shipment. Instead of relying on these vendor barcodes, select Create to generate a new, unique SKU.
- Select Create New SKUs at the top of the manifest page to automatically assign new, unique SKUs for each item on your manifest.
- To print barcode labels, make sure your label printer is connected and then select the barcode button.
You can also print barcode labels later.
- California only: enter your Excise Tax and Markup.
- When all of your items are entered, verify the Total Cost at the top of the page and then Save.
- Add inventory information, such as test results or cultivator information, so that it prints on package labels.
When you go to the Products page and view these Products, you will see that they now include the quantity you received. Print barcode labels, if necessary, and start ringing these items up at the register.