By default, cash is the only payment method enabled in the Register. You can enable other payment methods in the Back Office, such as gift cards or debit cards.
Important: Greenbits does not support payment processing. To accept debit or credit payments, you must work with a third-party payment processor. The functionality outlined below is only for accounting purposes.
Enable additional payment methods in the Back Office
You must have View payment methods and Update payment methods permissions to see and change this setting.
To accept other forms of payment:
- Select the Settings gear in the Back Office.
- Select Payment Methods.
- Check the boxes next to the Payment Methods you want to accept.
- Cash is always enabled by default, and can't be disabled.
- Debit does not allow you to tender an amount greater than the transaction total and does not allow you to give change back to the customer.
- Use this if your payment processor allows you to charge an exact amount on a card.
- Cashless ATM does allow you to tender an amount greater than the transaction total and give change back to the customer.
- Use this if your payment processor requires you to run cards as ATM transactions for whole-dollar amounts.
- Gift Card works the same as Debit, and does not allow you to give change.
- Split payments are allowed with all payment methods.
If you are signed in to the Register, sign out and then sign back in for the change to take effect.
Learn how to accept payment methods other than cash at the Register.