Emergency Mode keeps your store running, even when you don't have internet. While in Emergency Mode, your store can continue to make recreational sales as long as you do not require customer or patient info at checkout.
What do I need to do to turn on Emergency Mode?
Nothing! The Register automatically activates Emergency Mode when:
- Your iPad loses connection to the Internet for any reason.
- Your network speed is extremely slow.
- Your Wi-Fi signal is disrupted or weak.
How can I tell if I'm in Emergency Mode?
You'll see a cloud icon with an X on the Register when you are in Emergency Mode.
What won't work in Emergency Mode?
- Emergency Mode does not work for medical sales. If your store happens to go offline, you will need to record medical sales outside of Greenbits, then enter them into the Register later, when your internet comes back online.
- Emergency Mode does not work for recreational sales if you have Require Customer Information At Purchase Time turned on in your Store Settings.
- You cannot start, update, or end a drawer (start and end shifts) while in Emergency Mode and require an Internet connection. This includes Paid Ins and Paid Outs. However, if you've already started a drawer, you can continue to make sales.
- You cannot process returns, voids, and reprinting receipts and labels in Emergency Mode.
Will I lose data while in Emergency Mode?
After your internet connect comes back, Greenbits will automatically submit all sales to the Back Office within a few minutes, as long you avoid these actions:
- Don't delete the Register app.
- Don't perform a factory reset of your iPad.