It’s easy. Weigh flower. Print a compliant label. Let your customers keep shopping.
Some customers like to take their time when they shop for flower. Some customers browse - study your bud, smell it, study trichomes, look at the color, break it open to see the dryness - and then decide how much and what they would like to purchase. For new customers or connoisseurs, this process can slow down the checkout process.
At Green Bits, we help to solve this problem with our Weigh Station. With the Weigh Station, you can separate your deli-style flower from customers who are ready to purchase.
It’s a simple three-step process:
- Choose the product.
- Weigh the product & see the price.
- Print a compliant label & add it to the package.
Customers can continue to browse, add edibles, swag, or paraphernalia to their cart. When they’re ready to purchase Budtenders at the Register can quickly scan a QR code from the Weigh Station Label with pricing and package information.
With the Weigh Station:
Faster checkout process
- Keep the Register open for customers who are ready to check-out.
- Removing bottlenecks allows you to serve more customers
- More customers = More $$ in your pocket
Go Green & Save time
- Pre-print compliant labels for deli-style products? No more. No more binders of labels. No more handwriting package labels, dates, and weight of flower.
- Don’t throw away unused product labels just because you no longer sell this product. Cut down on paper waste.
- No more pre-printing allows your Inventory Managers to spend more time on things that matter.
Easy to use
- Add tiles for each of your Products
- Budtenders simply choose the tile, weigh that product, and click “Print”.
- Fully compliant label is printed with a scannable QR code for easy checkout
Note: the Weigh Station is supported only in Alaska, Colorado, and Oregon.
Before you begin
- Set up the Weigh Station app and hardware.
- If you decide not to use our default, compliant labels for your state, you can set up your own custom label template.
- Ensure that you have weight-based product to sell.
- Make sure you have entered all package Testing Information that will display on your package label for all of your weight based product.
Set up your menu
Pre-load common flower items by selecting Add to Menu in the lower right corner. The Weigh Station can work while offline, but only with pre-loaded products, so adding them ahead of time is recommended.
Search and select a product name. Only weight-based items that are marked For Sale will be shown.
Select the default SKU/package you want to start selling from. You can toggle between different SKUs/packages at any time.
The app will send you back to the main screen with a tile added for the product you've just selected.
If you want to remove, rename, or move product tiles on the main screen, tap the pencil icon to edit the tiles.
Weigh flower and print labels
Select the tile for the product you want to weigh
Place the product on the scale. The weight reading from the scale will automatically display in the app.
Should the scale become disconnected from the tablet for any reason, select Enter Weight Manually. Choose the unit of measure using the drop down, and manually enter the weight on the screen.
When entering weight manually, the decimal is inserted automatically with three decimal places behind it.
- for 1.05 grams enter "1050"
- for 3.5 grams enter "3500"
- for 14 grams enter "14000"
If you want to change which SKU/package the weight is deducted from, select Change Inventory. You can then select a different SKU/package for the product being weighed.
With flower still on the scale, tap Print Label.
The printer will generate a label based on our default template for your state, or your custom template. It will fill it with information from the product.
Note: Weighing product and printing a label from the Weigh Station does not affect inventory quantities. The quantity on hand is updated only after the label is scanned and a transaction is completed in the Register app.
The most common reason that Weigh Station will stop working is due to the printer or scale disconnecting. Check if your devices are connected by selecting the Settings gear:
Below each device, you can see if it is Connected or Disconnected. If either is showing that they have been disconnected:
- Choose Remove Printer and/or Remove Scale.
- Make sure that the physical connection between your devices is secure.
- Then, follow the connection instructions just like when you set up the Weigh Station.
Labels printing incorrectly or missing information? Check out our article on What to do if your labels are missing information
If you've recently added inventory that is not displaying, or your inventory is otherwise not up to date in the Weigh Station app:
- Tap the Settings gear.
- Select SAMSUNG SM-T350 (your exact model may vary)
- Select Sync. This refreshes the app and and pulls in any new or updated inventory information from your Back Office.