Have you experienced any of the following issues while using Greenbits?
- The iPad will not display the on-screen keyboard, preventing you from typing anything.
- Your Socket Mobile scanner shows as "Connected" in the iPad Bluetooth settings, but not in the Greenbits app.
- Your Socket Mobile scanner seems to read the barcode, but the app doesn't recognize it, or you're having to tap the Add button every time before scanning.
- You are unable to scan customer IDs at the register.
All these scenarios are related to the operating mode of the scanner. There are two primary modes:
HID mode is the scanner's factory mode, and is intended to work with a wide variety of other devices. In this mode, the scanner mimics a Bluetooth keyboard, and requires tapping or clicking a text field before scanning. All the above scenarios are due to the scanner being in HID mode.
If you are setting up a Socket Mobile scanner for use with the Greenbits Back Office, such as for inventory intake purposes, creating new customers, checking customers in with the Customer Queue, or if you are performing an inventory audit, the scanner should be left in HID mode.
iOS mode is intended for use with apps designed for Apple iOS devices, including the Greenbits Register app.
Scanners set to iOS mode will not interrupt or override the iPad's on-screen keyboard, and will allow you to scan barcodes and QR codes without first tapping the Add button, which is the intended functionality.
The scanner's operating mode can only be changed when the scanner is not paired with a device. To unpair the scanner:
- Forget/remove it from the host device's Bluetooth settings. If unpairing from an iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth, select the info icon to the right of the Socket Mobile device, then select Forget This Device.
- Delete the paired device memory from the scanner by pressing and holding both scanner buttons at the same time, until the scanner emits multiple beeps and turns off.
To change from HID mode to iOS mode, scan the barcode below. Listen for multiple beeps. If you don't hear any, try scanning from different angles, and/or from 1-2 feet away. After scanning this barcode, pair the scanner to your iPad.
To change from iOS mode to HID mode, scan the barcode below. Listen for multiple beeps. If you don't hear any, try scanning from different angles, and/or from 1-2 feet away.
This barcode resets the device to factory defaults. Once scanned it will turn the device off, then you can turn it back on and pair the scanner with your iPad or computer.