Set up your Register label printer to print deli-style flower package labels and patient labels.
Note: If you are using your label printer in conjunction with our Integrated Scale hardware, follow the Integrated Scale setup article instead.
Before you begin
- Check the Internet connection on your iPad.
- Make sure you have all the necessary hardware.
- Make sure you have weight-based inventory items to print labels for. Labels for unit-based items are printed from the Back Office.
- Make sure you have an available Ethernet connection on your router or network switch.
- Zebra label printer model ZD410, LP 2824, or GX420d (Nevada only)
- Label printer power cord
- Ethernet cable
Set up your Register label printer
- Using the power cord that came with your printer, connect to any available outlet or power strip.
- Load labels face-up:
- Connect an Ethernet cable to the port on the back of your printer.
- Connect the other end of the cable to an available LAN port on your router, network switch, or Wi-Fi extender. Typically these ports will be labeled LAN and/or numbered. Make sure not to connect to any port labeled WAN or Internet.
- Turn on the printer.
- ZD410 - Power button located on the top of the printer
- LP 2824 - Switch located on the right side of the printer
- GX420d - Switch located on the back of the printer
- Open the Green Bits Register app.
- Select the menu icon .
- Select Settings.
- Select Label Printer. You may have to wait 5-10 seconds. If your printers do not display, tap Search For Printers.
- Tap a printer to assign it to this iPad. If there are several, select the one that has the same serial number as is printed on a sticker on the bottom of the printer.
- Tap Test Print to confirm the connection to the correct printer.
If you're not able to connect to your printer, see Register label printer troubleshooting.