Shift Reports provide a full accounting of POS activities to help you close out your sales day and balance your cash drawers. These reports include the following details for each drawer:
- Net sales, cash flow, taxes, and discount breakouts.
- Overages and shortages
- Paid Ins and Paid Outs
- A list of each transaction including the user, register name, total amount, change given, and receipt IDs.
- A breakdown of all payment methods, including cash and card payments.
This Shift Report is used in conjunction with the Sales Report to help reconcile your daily sales. To better understand your Shift Reports, let's break them down by section:
This is a summary of everything you entered into the Register on this drawer/shift.
- The Opening Amount you entered when you started the drawer.
- Net Cash, or the total of all payments minus returns and voids. This includes all taxes.
- Total amounts Paid Out and Paid In. Select the green totals to view or edit individual Paid Outs and Paid Ins.
If you're viewing a Shift Report for a drawer that is still open, the Current Amount that should be in the drawer is shown.
Otherwise, Shift Reports for closed drawers show:
- The Closing Drop you entered when you ended the drawer. This is a negative number, shown in parentheses.
- The Left in Drawer amount you entered when you ended the drawer
- Over / Short, which should be $0.00.
- In the example below, the drawer has an overage of $71.90. This could be from sale(s) or Paid In(s) not entered into the Register. Or this could be because a cashier overcharged a customer or didn't give as much change as they should have.
- A drawer shortage appears as a negative number in parentheses. A shortage could be from a return or Paid Out that wasn't entered into the register, a cashier undercharging a customer or giving too much change, or theft.
This is a detailed breakdown of your Sales (pre-tax), Discounts, Returns, and Taxes. The total of these amounts is your Total Tendered:
This breaks down your Total Tendered by payment method.
Select any of the green totals to view the list of individual payments, including:
- Date and Time
- Receipt ID
- Account Type (payment method)
- Device (Register name)
- Employee (User who took the payment)
- Transaction Type (Sale, Return, or Void)
Select a Receipt ID to see more details about that transaction including products purchased, discounts, total tax, and any change given.
Reconciling multiple tills at once
Shift Reports are specific to one drawer. To view a summary of all drawers:
- Go to Reports > Other Reports > Shift Report.
- Enter a Start Date and End Date.
- Select Run Report.
- When the report is finished, select Download.
- Open the downloaded .csv spreadsheet file in any spreadsheet program.
Cross reference this report against the Sales Report to reconcile your daily sales.
Investigating Cash Discrepancies
Frequent or large discrepancies could be sign of employee theft, or that your staff needs more training.
A few tips when investigating your discrepancies:
- Count cash more than once and make sure you get the same total each time. Make sure someone else counts the cash for a different pair of eyes.
- Dig Deep - Use the Shift Report to see who processed each transaction, especially if you use Shared Tills + Cashier Tracking.
- Use Reports such as Discounts by Budtender to find potential red flags.
- If possible, reference security camera footage.
- Use the Shift Report and search by Employee Name. Investigate each Shift Report to see if there is a pattern of discrepancies.
- If necessary, edit shifts to correct mistakes.