If you report your cannabis sales to your state through Leaf Data Systems, follow this guide to receive cannabis inventory into Green Bits so you can sell it from your Register. For more information, see the Receive inventory overview.
Look for manifests in Incoming Inventory
- In the Back Office, go to Inventory > Incoming Inventory.
- Look for manifests under Pending, and select one.
- Green Bits lists any manifests that vendors transferred to you in Leaf that you haven't worked on yet under the Pending status.
- If you know that a vendor transferred a manifest but you don't see it in under Pending, select Sync one time to refresh the page and pull in new manifests. Do not select Sync more than one time in a row.
When you select and open the manifest, you'll see lot numbers and inventory information for each of the items you ordered from the vendor.
Reject any manifests that aren't correct
If you notice any errors on the manifest at this point, reject the manifest and contact the vendor to transfer a corrected manifest. The information entered by the vendor cannot be edited in Green Bits.
Once you accept a manifest, you can no longer reject it.
To reject a manifest, select Reject.
Associate the items on your manifest with Products
For any manifests that you didn't reject, add Product information for each lot number in the manifest.
- For each lot number, associate it with a Product in Green Bits.
- Before you continue to the next step: If you have never sold this product before, select Add New Product and create a new Product.
- If you have sold this product before, select Search for products and and select it.
- Enter the wholesale Cost Per Unit.
- This is the cost that you paid the vendor for each unit of an item, not the price that you will sell the item for in your store.
- Enter the Quantity of the item that you are receiving.
- You do not have to accept all of the quantity listed for the lot number. If you accept less than the full quantity, Green Bits automatically transfers the remaining units back to the vendor.
- Barcode is automatically populated with the lot number. It is best practice to keep the lot number as the barcode and scan barcode labels at the Register. If your items did not arrive with them, you can print barcode labels.
Accept the manifest in Green Bits
- Review the Cost to ensure accuracy.
- Select Accept.
Tip: You can save your work in progress by selecting Accept. When you are ready to finish the manifest, look for it in Incoming Inventory under the Accepted (Unassigned Lots) status. Once you accept a manifest, you are no longer able to to edit quantities or to reject the manifest.
When you go to the Products page and view these Products, you will see that they now include the quantity you received. Print barcode labels, if necessary, and start ringing these items up at the register.
You can also view the manifest later by filtering for a manifest status.