If you report your cannabis sales to your state through Leaf Data Systems, follow this guide to receive cannabis inventory into Green Bits so you can sell it from your Register. For more information, see the Receive inventory overview.
Keep in mind that you won't be able to save a partially accepted manifest and come back to complete it later. When possible, set aside some time when you can work uninterrupted, especially for larger manifests.
Look for manifests in Incoming Inventory
- In the Back Office, go to Inventory > Incoming Inventory.
- Look for manifests under Pending, and select one.
- Green Bits lists any manifests that vendors transferred to you in Leaf that you haven't worked on yet under the Pending status.
- If you know that a vendor transferred a manifest but you don't see it in under Pending, select Sync and then refresh your browser window to fetch new manifests.
- Do not click Sync more than once! This could slow down the fetch process.
When you select and open the manifest, you'll see lot numbers and inventory information for each of the items you ordered from the vendor.
Associate the items on your manifest with Products
Add Product information for each lot number in the manifest.
- For each lot number, associate it with a Product in Green Bits.
- Before you continue to the next step: If you have never sold this product before, select Add New Product and create a new Product.
- If you have sold this product before, select Search for products and and select it.
- Enter the Wholesale Cost Per Unit.
- This is the cost that you paid the vendor for each unit of an item, not the price that you will sell the item for in your store.
- Enter the Quantity Received of the item that you are receiving.
- You do not have to accept all of the quantity listed for the lot number. If you accept less than the full quantity, Green Bits automatically transfers the remaining units back to the vendor.
- If any lots appear on the manifest with quantity measured in grams, ounces, or pounds instead of units, accept them and assign them to a weight-based product and convert them to units later. Read more about converting inventory here.
- By default, the SKU field is automatically populated with the lot number.
- If the items have a barcode label that corresponds to the lot number, leave this field unchanged.
- If the items have a barcode label that doesn't correspond to the lot number, enter a SKU that matches the label, or place your cursor into the SKU field and then scan the label with your Socket Mobile barcode scanner (paired to your computer in HID mode), or any USB scanner.
- If you need to print barcode labels for any item, make sure your label printer is connected and then select the barcode button . You can also print barcode labels later.
- For more details about SKUs and barcode labels, see Vendor barcode and labeling guidelines.
Reject any manifests or lots that aren't correct
If you notice errors or unwanted items on a manifest, reject the entire manifest, or specific lots, and contact the vendor to request a corrected manifest or lot if needed. The information entered by the vendor cannot be edited in Green Bits.
Once you accept a manifest or lot, you can no longer reject it. If you need to send inventory back to the vendor after you've accepted it, create a return manifest.
To reject an entire manifest, select Reject and enter a Note explaining why you are rejecting the manifest. The manifest will be moved to the Rejected section of your Incoming Inventory page.
To reject only a specific lot, leave the Product field unassigned and enter 0 in the Quantity field. Any manifest with at least one rejected lot will be moved to the Accepted (Unassigned Lots) section of your Incoming Inventory page.
On the vendor's end, any manifests or lots that you reject will appear in Leaf Data Systems with an "accepted" status, but with 0 quantity. The rejected quantities will be returned to the vendor's inventory.
Accept the manifest in Green Bits
- Review the Total Cost at the top of the page and make sure it matches the total on your paper manifest.
- Select Accept.
Any lots that you left unassigned and with 0 quantity in the previous steps will be automatically rejected and transferred back to the vendor when you select Accept.
If a vendor voids a manifest after transferring it to you, you'll see the manifest in the Voided section of the Incoming Inventory page in Green Bits. Voiding a manifest is a vendor-only action and cannot be done in Green Bits – this section exists only for record keeping purposes.
When you go to the Products page and view these Products, you will see that they now include the quantity you received. Print barcode labels, if necessary, and start ringing these items up at the register.
You can also view the manifest later by filtering for a manifest status.