Cash management strategy and consistent practices are crucial for effective retail operation. Green Bits provides the following three options for managing cash drawers and shifts.
Before continuing, it's important to define and understand the following terms:
- "Register" refers to the iPad
- "Drawer" and "till" may be used interchangeably, and refer to the physical cash drawer and the cash/coins it contains
- "Shift" refers to shift reports in Back Office
- "Cashier" refers to any user who processes a transaction at the register
Read on to learn more about the different cash management options, how to use each of them to manage drawers and shifts, and general best practices.
If your store is in Nevada and you sell dual-license products, you have separate registers for med and rec products.
One Till Per Cashier
This is the default model in Green Bits and provides the strictest cash management strategy. With this model:
- Each cashier must keep track of and use their own drawer exclusively
- Each cashier must open and close their own drawer, though they may open or close their drawer using any register
- Cashiers may not share the same drawer
- Cashiers may use different throughout the day, as long as they are signing in with their own PIN before processing a transaction, and as long as they are taking payment and giving change exclusively from their own drawer.
- Each shift report is based on transactions performed by a specific cashier, not transactions performed on a specific register.
- A cashier may not process a transaction without first opening their own drawer
With One Till Per Cashier, accurate shift reporting is dependent on each cashier signing in with their own PIN before processing all transactions. For this reason, we highly recommend using the Sign Out After Every Sale setting (found in Store Options) in conjunction with One Till Per Cashier, especially if cashiers will be using different registers throughout the day. This will require cashiers to enter their PIN before every sale, and will prevent cashiers from inadvertently processing a transaction while a previous cashier is still signed in to the register.
To open a drawer, a cashier signs in to the register by entering their 4-digit PIN. The cashier is then prompted to enter the starting cash amount in their drawer. The app will pre-populate this field with the "Left in Drawer" amount from their most recently closed drawer. In this case, the cashier left $200.00 in their drawer when they ended their drawer yesterday. It is recommended that the cashier count the cash and coins in their drawer to confirm the amount is accurate before tapping Start Drawer. The cashier may enter either the total amount, or tap the cash button circled below and enter the quantities of each denomination:
The cashier may now begin processing transactions. Green Bits will automatically begin compiling a shift report in Back Office based solely on this cashier's transactions, even if the cashier uses different registers throughout the day.
Each time the cashier signs in to any register, they will be reminded to place their till into the cash drawer (this assumes cashiers are physically moving their tills with them as they move from register to register, though depending on how your store is arranged this may not be necessary).
Note: if any cashier sees the above message the first time they sign into the register for the day, this means they did not end their drawer the last time they were in the store. To avoid reporting issues, the cashier should end the still-open drawer and then start a new drawer before processing any transactions.
To end a drawer, tap the three horizontal lines at the top left, then Manage Drawer:
Tap Open Cash Register Drawer or open your drawer manually with the key, count the total amount of cash in your drawer, then tap End Drawer:
Enter Left in Drawer (amount you're leaving in the drawer for the next shift or the next cashier) and Cash Drop (total counted amount, minus the Left in Drawer amount, or the amount to be dropped in a safe or other secure deposit location), or, as when starting a drawer, optionally tap the cash buttons immediately to the left and enter the quantity of each denomination.
Enter any shift Notes (optional), then End Drawer.
Alternatively, tap Enter Later and enter the amounts in the Shifts page of Back Office later. This is done by selecting the shift from the list (shifts with missing closing amounts will be denoted by an orange icon with an exclamation point), then enter the amounts and Save:
Tip: you can also retroactively edit shifts in Back Office at any time. Select a closed shift from the list, then click Edit near the upper right of the shift report.
Some final notes on One Till Per Cashier:
- The "Device Name" on the shift report refers to the register where the drawer was started.
- Because the drawer is not associated with a particular register, cashiers may end their drawers on any register.
- It is not possible for a single cashier to have multiple open drawers at the same time.
- It is highly recommended that each cashier start and end a drawer for each work day, rather than leaving the same drawer open for multiple days.
How to change settings
Important: Do not change your Cash Management settings while there are any open drawers. We recommend changing this setting only outside your business hours, after ending all drawers, and after signing out and closing the Green Bits app on all registers.
Click the gear icon in the upper right of the Back Office, then select Store Options on the left.
Click the button next to your desired setting. You'll be prompted to confirm the change, but there is no need to click a Save button.
Cash management options at a glance:
|One Till Per Cashier||Shared Tills + Cashier Tracking||Shared Tills - No Cashier Tracking|
|Is this the Green Bits cash management default setting?||Yes||No||No|
|Is a single cashier accountable for cash overages and underages?||Yes||No||No|
|Can each transaction be traced to a single cashier?||Yes||Yes||No|
|Who is responsible for reconciling cash, making drops, inserting change?||Cashier||Store Manager||Store Manager|
|Does the till follow the cashier from register to register (and on their break)?||Yes||No||No|
|Are sales and transactions tracked for each cashier?||Yes||Yes||No|
|Can multiple cashiers use the same register?||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Can multiple cashiers use the same drawer?
|Does the shift follow the register or a particular cashier?||Cashier||Register||Register|