Green Bits has three settings that control how you manage your cash drawers and shift reports. In this article you'll learn how to change these settings, and the differences between the three options.
Before we get started, it's important to understand the following terms:
- A register is an iPad running the Green Bits Register app.
- A drawer or till is the physical cash drawer and the cash/coins it contains.
- A cashier is any user who processes a transaction at the register.
How to change your cash management setting
Be sure to end all open drawers before changing your cash management setting. Depending on your permissions, you can do this in the Register app or in Back Office.
- Select the Settings gear, then Store Options.
- Select the radio button next to your desired setting:
One Till Per Cashier
This setting is designed for stores where cashiers can move around the sales floor and ring sales on different registers. This means:
- Each drawer is linked to a specific cashier.
- Each cashier handles their own drawer, and cashiers never share drawers.
- A cashier can sign into and ring sales on any register, but should take their drawer with them if they move to a different register.
- A cashier has to start their own drawer before they can ring sales.
- A cashier can start or end their drawer on any register.
- All the transactions on a Shift Report are from the same user, and Green Bits also tracks which register each transaction occurred on.
- Each time the cashier signs in, the register shows a reminder to place their till into the cash drawer:
If cashiers in your store use only their own register and their own drawer for their entire shift, use Shared Tills + Cashier Tracking instead. That way, cashiers don't have to dismiss the till reminder message each time they sign in.