Product Types in Green Bits are the kinds of products you sell at your store, like flower, cartridges, and edibles. Product Types are tied to taxes and transaction limits for the Products that you associate to them.
Green Bits includes default Product Types that cover the most common products that you will sell. To review the default Product Types, go to Inventory > Product Types:
If your store is in Oregon, we recommend that you set up a new Product Type for hemp products.
Add a new Product Type and update your taxes
- Go to Inventory > Product Type.
- Select +Add Product Type.
- Select the appropriate Is Marijuana setting.
- If you selected Yes, select a Transaction Limit Type.
- For information about your state's limits, select the question mark box.
- From Editable Fields, select which fields should appear on the Product Details page.
- Select Save.
- Go to theTaxes page.
- Select a tax.
- Under Product Types & Customer Groups, find your new Product Type.
- Select the Customer Groups that should pay tax for this Product Type.
- Repeat for each tax.
- Rename or edit: Go to Inventory > Product Type and select a Product Type. Make changes to the details and select Save when you are done.
- Delete: You cannot delete a Product Type if there are Products that you assigned to it. Assign those Products to a different Product Type, open the Product Type you want to delete, and select Delete.
You can see what Product Type is associated to a Product by going to Inventory > Products and searching for the Product.