You can receive non-cannabis items, such as rolling papers or lighters, into your Green Bits inventory so you can sell them from the Register. You can also use this procedure to create non-physical items, such as bottle deposits or other types of charges/fees.
First, you create a manifest and add items to it. Then, you associate the items to Products.
Create a manifest and add items to it
- Go to Inventory > Incoming Inventory.
- Select Add Manifest.
- Enter vendor and reference details.
- For Reference ID, it is best practice to enter the PO# for your order, so you can search for this manifest later using the PO#.
- Enter today's date in Transfer Date.
- Select Add Item for the number of items from this vendor that you want to add to your Green Bits inventory.
- For example, if you are adding rolling papers, lighters, and strainers from this vendor, select Add Item three times.
Associate your items with Products
- For each item you added, select Search for products and associate it with a Product in Green Bits.
- Before you continue to the next step: If you have never sold this product before, select Add New Product and create a new Product.
- If you have sold this product before, search for it and select it.
- Enter the wholesale Cost Per Unit.
- This is the cost that you paid the vendor for each unit of an item, not the price that you will sell the item for in your store.
- Enter the Quantity of the item that you are receiving.
- If an item already has a barcode label, scan it with your barcode scanner. Otherwise, enter your own Barcode or select Create to assign a random SKU.
- If you don't have a barcode scanner available, enter the full number in Barcode.
- Verify the Cost at the top of the page and Save.