You can receive non-cannabis items, such as rolling papers or lighters, into your Greenbits inventory so you can sell them from the Register. You can also use this procedure to create non-physical items, such as bottle deposits or other types of charges/fees. For more information, see the Receive inventory overview.
Create a manifest and add items to it
- Go to Inventory > Incoming.
- Select Add Manifest.
- Enter vendor and reference details.
- For Reference ID, it is best practice to enter the PO# for your order, so you can search for this manifest later using the PO#.
- Enter today's date in Transfer Date.
- Select Add Item for the number of items from this vendor that you want to add to your Greenbits inventory.
- For example, if you are adding rolling papers, lighters, and strainers from this vendor, select Add Item three times.
Associate your items with Products
- For each item you added, select Search for products and associate it with a Product in Greenbits.
- Before you continue to the next step: If you have never sold this product before, select Add New Product and create a new Product.
- If you have sold this product before, search for it and select it.
- Enter the Wholesale Cost Per Unit.
- This is the cost that you paid the vendor for each unit of an item, not the price that you will sell the item for in your store.
- Enter the Quantity Received of the item that you are receiving.
- If you need to create Barcodes (SKUs) and print barcodes, select the Create button under Barcode (SKU). Learn more about barcodes (SKUs).
To print barcode labels, make sure your label printer is connected and then select the barcode button .
You can also print barcode labels later.
- When all of your items are entered, verify the Total Cost at the top of the page and then Save.
When you go to the Products page and view these Products, you will see that they now include the quantity you received.
You can also view the manifest later by filtering for a manifest status.