The Weigh Station consists of a stand-alone scale, label printer, and Android tablet. It’s designed to expedite the sales process by allowing you to quickly weigh flower and print package labels that can later be scanned at the point of sale.
Follow the steps below to connect and configure the Weigh Station hardware.
Note: the Weigh Station is supported only in Alaska, Colorado, and Oregon.
- Zebra ZD410 or LP 2824 label printer, along with its included power cord
- USB 2.0 Hi-speed A to B Device Cable
- 2.25" by 4" thermal labels
- A&D FX- or EK-series scale
- LAVA SimulCharge USB Adapter
- C2G 4-Port USB 2.0 hub, its AC adapter, and mini-USB cable
- Blue/silver serial-to-USB cable (CTG-26886)
- RS232 serial cable (#25216)
- Android tablet and micro-USB charging cable
Before you begin
- Configure your scale for use with the Weigh Station:
- Turn on the Android tablet and follow the on-screen prompts to set it up and connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- Confirm you have at least three open power outlets nearby. A power strip is also acceptable.
Setting up the Weigh Station
1. Open the Play Store on your tablet. Search for and download the Green Bits Weigh Station app.
2. Log in to Back Office and select the Settings gear, then Devices. Select Link New Device. Enter a name for your Weigh Station, save, and then you'll be given a device code.
3. Open the Weigh Station app. You'll be prompted to enter your device code from step 2, which links the Weigh Station app to your Back Office and begins loading your inventory.
The Weigh Station only loads inventory that is weight-based and marked For Sale.
4. Connect the LAVA Simulcharge USB Adapter to the tablet, as pictured below.
5. Connect the LAVA SimulCharge USB Adapter to the C2G 4-Port USB 2.0 hub using the included mini-USB cable.
Connect the C2G USB hub to power using the included AC adapter.
6. Connect the LAVA SimulCharge USB Adapter to an outlet using the charging cable that came with your Android tablet, or any other micro-USB charging cable.
7. As shown below, connect your scale to power and turn it on. Connect the provided RS232 black serial cable to the provided blue and silver serial-to-USB adapter cable.
Use only the serial cable provided in your Weigh Station hardware kit. The Weigh Station is not compatible with other serial cables.
Next, connect the other end of the blue and silver cable to the C2G USB hub.
8. Connect your Zebra label printer, load 2.25" x 4" labels, and connect the square (USB-B) end of the USB A-to-B cable to the corresponding port on the label printer. Connect the rectangular (USB-A) end to the C2G USB hub.
9. In the Weigh Station app, tap the Settings gear.
10. Tap Add New Hardware at the bottom left, then tap Printer. Select USB.
Alternatively, you may use a network (Ethernet) or Bluetooth connection for your printer, though USB is recommended.
11. Select Print Test, verify that a test label has printed, then Finish Adding Printer.
12. Once again, tap Add New Hardware. Select Scale, and then USB.
When you see Prolific Technology Inc. -USB Serial Controller D, tap the downward arrow to expand. Confirm that the appropriate settings below have been automatically selected:
- Manufacturer: A&D
- Transmission Rate: 2400
- Data Parity: Even 7
13. Place an object on the scale and verify that the weight reading on the scale automatically displays on the tablet.
If not, press the Print button on the scale. If this causes the weight to display on the tablet, this indicates the scale is not configured correctly. Repeat these steps.
14. Tap Finish Adding Scale, then Finish Configuration.
Setup is now complete and you're ready to start weighing and printing labels!