There are some situations where you might need to destroy inventory, such as if you have sniffer jars from a vendor that's no longer in business. Schedule the inventory for destruction before you physically destroy the inventory.
Note: this process applies to Washington users only. If you operate in any state other than Washington, see Adjust inventory quantities.
Schedule the inventory for destruction
- If you aren't going to destroy the entire lot, split the lot first.
- After you split the lot, go to Inventory > Lots.
- Search the lot number you need to destroy.
- Select Actions > Schedule for Destruction.
- Enter a Reason and Notes. Select OK.
The status of the lot changes to Destruction Scheduled . After 72 hours, you will receive an email notification that your lot is ready to be destroyed. Until you receive the email notification, you can cancel destruction from the Actions menu.
Mark the inventory as destroyed in Green Bits
Once you receive the email notification that your inventory is ready to be destroyed, you cannot cancel destruction. You must destroy the inventory.
- In Green Bits, go to Inventory > Lots and search for the lot.
- Go to Actions > Destroy.
Physically destroy the inventory
Finally, physically destroy the products. Render the product unusable by grinding and incorporating it with other ground materials so the resulting mixture is at least fifty percent non-marijuana waste by volume. This prevents an unauthorized third party from obtaining and using your waste product.