You can use the Integrated Scale at the Register to eliminate the need for budtenders to manually enter flower weights when ringing up a sale.
The Integrated Scale is not NTEP-certified.
The Integrated Scale sold by Greenbits includes the following:
- Lantronix serial adapter
- Black RS232 serial cable
- Ethernet cable
- TrendNet network switch
The following are not sold by Greenbits. You must purchase these elsewhere:
Connect the scale to your network
- Connect the scale to power, then connect the black RS232 serial cable to the serial port on the back of the scale (A&D FX-300i shown). Twist the screws on the serial cable to secure it in place.
Only use the black serial cable that was included in a separate package with your hardware kit. Any other serial cable that was included with the Lantronix adapter or scale is not compatible with Greenbits.
- Connect the other end of the RS232 serial cable to the Serial 1 port on the Lantronix adapter. Twist the screws on the serial cable to secure it in place.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the 10/100 port on the Lantronix adapter. Connect the other end to any of the numbered ports on your TrendNet network switch.
- Connect the Lantronix adapter to an outlet with the included power cord.
Connect the scale in the Register app settings
After configuring your scale:
- Sign into the Register app.
- Tap the menu icon .
- Select Settings.
- Select Scale.
- Select Serial Port 1.
A check mark appears on the right. The Weight Reading should match the reading on the scale's digital display.
If you've connected more than one scale to your network, they will all appear in the Serial Scale Setup menu. To tell them apart, refer to the serial number printed on the bottom of the Lantronix adapter: