The Integrated Scale is an add-on to the standard Green Bits Register kit that connects your scale to the point of sale, saving time and improving accuracy by eliminating the need for budtenders to manually enter flower weights when ringing up a sale.
The Integrated Scale is not NTEP-certified.
Follow the process outlined below to set up the Integrated Scale.
- Hardware checklist
- Before you begin
- Connect the scale to your network
- Connect the scale in the Register app settings
The Integrated Scale Kit sold by Green Bits includes the following:
- Lantronix serial adapter
- Black RS232 serial cable
- Ethernet cable
You will also use the TrendNet network switch, included with your Wired Register Kit:
The following are not sold by Green Bits. You must purchase these elsewhere:
Before you begin
Connect the scale to your network
- Connect the scale to power, then connect the black RS232 serial cable to the serial port on the back of the scale (A&D FX-300i shown). Twist the screws on the serial cable to secure it in place.
Only use the black serial cable that was included in a separate package with your hardware kit. Any other serial cable that was included with the Lantronix adapter or scale is not compatible with Green Bits.
- Connect the other end of the RS232 serial cable to the Serial 1 port on the Lantronix adapter. Twist the screws on the serial cable to secure it in place.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the 10/100 port on the Lantronix adapter. Connect the other end to any of the numbered ports on your TrendNet network switch.
- Connect the Lantronix adapter to an outlet with the included power cord.
Connect the scale in the Register app settings
After configuring your scale:
- Sign into the Register app.
- Tap the menu icon .
- Select Settings.
- Select Scale.
- Select Serial Port 1.
A check mark appears on the right. The Weight Reading should match the reading on the scale's digital display.
If you've connected more than one scale to your network, they will all appear in the Serial Scale Setup menu. To tell them apart, refer to the serial number printed on the bottom of the Lantronix adapter: