If you are in Oregon, see Oregon pre-roll changes (April 2019) instead.
Read more about the benefits of converting inventory here.
Before you convert: Fill in compliance information for the inventory you are converting, such as test results or cultivator information. Those details automatically transfer to your converted items.
- For the inventory item you want to convert, make sure you have both a unit-based Product and a weight- or volume-based Product in Green Bits. If you don't have a unit-based Product yet, create a new Product. When you add Product details, select Units for the Unit of Measure.
For example, if you want to create Blue Dream 0.5g pre-rolls from Blue Dream bulk flower, you need a Blue Dream Bulk Flower Product and a Blue Dream Pre-Roll (0.5g) Product in Green Bits.
- Go to Inventory > Products and select the bulk flower Product that you want to convert into units.
- Scroll or use the search bar to find the SKU you want to convert, then select Actions > Convert.
- Select Search for products and select the corresponding unit-based Product (for example, Blue Dream Pre-Roll 0.5g).
- In the Make field, enter the number of units you want to create. For example, if you want fifty 0.5g pre-rolls, enter 50 in the Make field.
- In the Of field, enter the weight of each unit. For example, if you want fifty 0.5g pre-rolls, enter 0.5 and select grams. Based on that information, Green Bits automatically calculates the Use field as 25 grams (50 units x 0.5g per unit).
- Confirm that the Cost Per Gram and Cost Per Unit fields are accurate. These are based on the Cost that was entered on the original manifest for the bulk product. If incorrect, select Manifest to return to the original manifest and edit the Cost, then repeat the above steps.
- Green Bits automatically generates a random barcode SKU and assigns it to your unit-based product. If you prefer to specify your own SKU, type it into the SKU field. You cannot re-use an existing SKU for a new conversion.
- Select Print Package Label to print labels for your new unit-based products. You can also print labels later.
- Select Convert. A dialog box will be displayed so you can double-check all the details before confirming.
- Apply the new labels to your items, so staff can scan it when they sell.
Note: If you need to convert unit-based items back to weight-based items after you convert it, follow the steps for reversing/undoing a conversion. If the vendor identified item as unit-based on the manifest in your state traceability system, it cannot be converted to weight-based in Green Bits.