You can change weight-based Products into units by converting them. For more information on when you should convert, see the Convert inventory overview.
Before you convert: Fill in compliance information for the inventory you are converting, such as test results or cultivator information. Those details automatically transfer to your converted items.
- For the Product you want to convert, make sure you have both a unit-based Product and a weight-based Product in Green Bits. If you don't have a unit-based Product yet, create a new Product. When you add Product details, select Units for the Unit of Measure.
For example, if you want to create Blue Dream 1g pre-rolls from Blue Dream bulk flower, you need a Blue Dream Bulk Flower Product and a Blue Dream Pre-Roll (1g) Product in Green Bits.
- Go to Inventory > Products and select the bulk flower Product that you want to convert into units.
- Select the Inventory tab.
- Select Actions > Convert.
- Select Search for products and select the corresponding unit-based Product (for example, Blue Dream Pre-Rolls 1g).
- In the Make field, enter the number of units you want to create. For example, if you want six 1g pre-rolls, enter 6 in the Make field.
- In the Of field, enter the weight of each unit. For example, if you want six 1g pre-rolls, enter 1 and select grams. Based on that information, Green Bits automatically calculates the Use field.
- Green Bits automatically generates a random barcode SKU and assigns it to your unit-based product. If you prefer to specify your own SKU, type it into the Barcode field. You cannot re-use an existing SKU for a new conversion.
- Select Print Package Label to print labels for your new unit-based products. You can also print labels later.
- Select Convert to complete the conversion.
- Apply the new labels to your items, so your Budtenders can scan it when they sell.
Note: If you need to convert unit-based items back to weight-based items after you convert it, follow the steps for reversing/undoing a conversion. If the vendor identified item as unit-based on the manifest in your state traceability system, it cannot be converted to weight-based in Green Bits.