Oregon: follow the steps below only for creating pre-packaged flower units, such as eighths. For pre-rolls, follow this process instead.
Read more about the benefits of converting inventory here.
Before you convert: Fill in compliance information for the inventory you are converting, such as test results or cultivator information. Those details automatically transfer to your converted items.
- For the inventory item you want to convert, make sure you have both a unit-based Product and a weight- or volume-based Product in Greenbits. If you don't have a unit-based Product yet, create a new Product. When you add Product details, select Units for the Unit of Measure.
For example, if you want to create Ghost OG 1g pre-rolls from Ghost OG bulk flower, you need a Ghost OG Bulk Flower Product and a Ghost OG Pre-Roll (1g) Product in Greenbits.
- Go to Inventory > Products and select the bulk flower Product that you want to convert into units.
- Scroll or use the search bar to find the barcode (SKU) you want to convert, then select Actions > Convert.
- Select Search for products and select a unit-based Product (for example, Ghost OG Pre-Roll).
- In the Make field, enter the number of units you want to create. For example, if you want twenty-five 1g pre-rolls, enter 25 in the Make field.
- The Of field will fill automatically with Product's saved weight. Based on that information, Greenbits automatically calculates the Use field. In the above example, the Use field is calculated as 25 grams (25 units x 1g per unit).
- Important: If a product has a saved weight of 0, the Of field will pre-fill with 1 gram. This is to prevent making 0 weight conversions that will cause reporting failures.
- Confirm that the Cost Per Gram and Cost Per Unit fields are accurate. These are based on the Cost that was entered on the original manifest for the bulk product. If incorrect, select Manifest to return to the original manifest and edit the Cost, then repeat the above steps.
- Greenbits automatically generates a random barcode (SKU) and assigns it to your unit-based product. If you prefer to specify your own barcode (SKU), type it into the Barcode (SKU) field. You cannot re-use an existing Barcode (SKU) for a new conversion.
- Select Print Package Label to print labels for your new unit-based products. You can also print labels later.
- Select Convert. A dialog box will be displayed so you can double-check all the details before confirming.
- Apply the new labels to your items, so staff can scan it when they sell.
Note: If you need to convert unit-based items back to weight-based items after you convert it, follow the steps for reversing/undoing a conversion. If the vendor identified item as unit-based on the manifest in your state traceability system, it cannot be converted to weight-based in Greenbits.