If you have Manual State Link, use this article about splitting and transferring instead.
If you operate in Washington, you should transfer inventory by creating a return manifest in Green Bits.
Transferring inventory is one of the few things that users in Metrc states can't do in Green Bits. Create a transfer in Metrc if you need to return inventory to a vendor, transfer inventory to another store, or transfer inventory to a processing facility.
Before you transfer
- Remove the items from your sales floor.
- Split the Package(s) in Green Bits.
- You can't transfer just a portion of a Package. Split the quantity you're returning onto a new Package first, then transfer the new Package.
- If you're transferring the entire remaining quantity of a Package and you've previously made sales or adjustments on this Package, you should still split it first.
- If you transfer a Package that you've sold from or made adjustments to, you're also transferring sales and adjustment records along with it, which may be a compliance issue. Splitting the inventory onto a new Package avoids this problem.
- In Oregon, transferring a Package that has sales associated with it will also make the process of filing your quarterly tax return more time consuming.
- If you haven't made any sales or adjustments on a Package since you received it, you don't need to split it.
- On each Package/SKU that you plan to transfer, change the inventory status to Not For Sale or Archived.
Transfer in Metrc
Once you've completed the above steps, create a new transfer in Metrc.
After you transfer
If your store is not actively reporting to Metrc yet, manually account for the transfer in Green Bits by adjusting the quantity of each transferred Package/SKU down to zero.
Otherwise, Green Bits automatically marks the transferred inventory as Transferred Out, with a quantity of zero and a status of Archived - Locked. At this point, you won't be able to make any further changes to this inventory.
It may take up to 15 minutes after you created your transfer manifest in Metrc before the transfer is reflected in Green Bits.