If you have Manual State Link, use this article about splitting and transferring instead.
If your state uses Metrc, you can create a transfer in Metrc if you need to return inventory to a vendor, transfer inventory to another store, or transfer inventory to a processing facility.
Before you transfer
- Remove the items from your sales floor.
- Split the Package(s) in Greenbits. There are two reasons why this is important:
- When you transfer a Package, you are also transferring the sales and adjustment information along with it. Splitting the inventory onto a new Package keeps the original Package (and all sales and adjustment information) on your account.
- You can't transfer part of a Package, which is why you want to split the quantity you're returning onto a new Package.
- On each Package/SKU that you plan to transfer, change the inventory status to Not For Sale or Archived.
Transfer in Metrc
Once you've completed the above steps, create a new transfer in Metrc. Make sure you transfer the new, split Package and not the original Package.
After you transfer
Greenbits automatically marks the transferred inventory as Transferred Out, with a quantity of zero and a status of Archived - Locked. This may take up to 15 minutes. After that, you won't be able to make any changes to this inventory.