If you just got your license and Metrc login credentials for the first time, see FAQ: Metrc Migration Process instead. If your store is in MA or MD, see Add your Metrc API key to your Green Bits user profile instead.
As a part of setting up your store with Green Bits, you need to enter your license number and API key to the Traceability page. Your Metrc API key is like a password that allows Green Bits to access and sync with your Metrc account. Do not print, write down, or share your API key.
Green Bits automatically pulls in your manifests and reports your sales and adjustments to Metrc. Green Bits reports to Metrc according to your state's requirements, so sales might not appear on your Metrc account immediately.
Generate an API key in Metrc
- In Metrc, verify that you have the correct permissions.
If you don't have the correct permissions in Metrc and you complete this procedure, your account will fail to report correctly and you will be out of compliance.
- Select your user profile > API Keys.
- Select Generate.
- Copy the entire API key from the Current API Key field.
Add your license number and API key in Green Bits
You must have the Update company settings permission. If your store is in Nevada, you must also have the Update license number permission.
- In Green Bits Back Office, select the Settings gear.
- Select Traceability.
- Enter the license number that you received from the state when your license was approved.
- Paste your API key.
- Select Save Traceability Settings.
- If your store has multiple locations, pay attention to the restrictions for stores with multiple locations. The API key you enter for each store may be the same or may be different.