Any time you need to return inventory to a vendor, or transfer to another facility, create a return manifest in Green Bits following the steps below.
Before you begin
- Note that although you can create a return manifest at any time, it's important not to transfer the manifest until the receiving party takes physical possession of the inventory. Clicking "Transfer" in Green Bits immediately indicates to the WSLCB that you are no longer in possession of the inventory and ownership of items is being transferred to the receiving party.
- We recommend splitting lots before creating a return manifest, even if you are returning the full remainder of the lot. Generally speaking, in order to remain compliant you must maintain all historical sales data under the retail license on which you made those sales. If you transfer a lot which has sales associated with it, you are in effect transferring that sales data along with it, taking you out of compliance. Furthermore, if you accept product returns from customers (such as faulty vape cartridges), transferring a lot which has sales associated with it will also prevent you from later accepting returns from this lot.
Create a new Return Manifest
At least 6 hours before your inventory is scheduled for pickup, go to Inventory > Return Inventory and select Add Return Manifest. Fill out each field in the New Return Manifest form:
- Pick Up Time: Estimated date and time that the vendor or courier is scheduled to pick up the items to be returned.
- Transportation Type: Select either Vendor Pickup or Third Party Courier.
- Notes: Optional field for any important notes you wish to attach to this manifest.
Next, add the lot numbers you'll be returning.
Note: some products may also have a SKU for scanning purposes that is not the same as the lot number (see below). Lot numbers are also case-sensitive, so be sure all letters in the lot number are capitalized.
You cannot return a partial lot. If you are not returning the full remainder of a lot, split the quantity to be returned onto a new lot number.
Next, fill in the Destination Information. This will include the name of the licensee you're returning to (use the official name as listed on 502data.com) and their 6-digit WSLCB license number. Double-check that the information you are entering here matches the state records on 502data.com. Any inaccuracies in this section will hold up the return.
Lastly, fill in Transporter Information. If you are using the Third Party Courier option, the only required information is the courier name and license number (again, check with the courier or check the official state records on 502data.com to ensure you have the correct name and license number).
If using the Vendor Pickup option, you'll need each of the following. The vendor should be able to provide you with all of this information:
- Driver's legal name
- Driver's Transporter ID
- Driver's date of birth
- Vehicle VIN number
- Vehicle year, color, make, and model
- Vehicle license plate number
Submit the manifest to Leaf Data Systems
Select Save in the upper right to submit the manifest for processing. This will return you to the Return Inventory page, and the manifest you've just created will be shown here with status of Added. This indicates that Green Bits has uploaded the manifest to Leaf Data Systems.
Return manifests cannot be edited once you've saved them. If you make a mistake or need to add more lots to a return manifest, delete the manifest and re-create it.
Within approximately 1 hour, Leaf Data Systems will confirm receipt of the manifest to Green Bits. You'll also receive an email notification. Green Bits will then show the Manifest ID (auto-generated by Leaf), the status will change to Waiting.
Three options will appear on the right:
- PDF - generates a printer-friendly PDF copy of the manifest. You'll need to print this and provide it to the driver.
- Transfer - completes the return by officially transferring ownership of the listed lots to the vendor. Click this button only after the driver takes physical possession of the inventory. This transfer is immediately reported to the state and cannot be undone.
- Void - deletes the return manifest from both Leaf Data Systems and from Green Bits. This action cannot be undone.
Once the vendor has picked up the inventory and you've selected Transfer in Green Bits, the manifest will be listed as Transferred and will remain in the list for your records. You can download a PDF of the manifest at any time.
You may also Void the manifest at this point, so long as the vendor hasn't already accepted the transfer in Leaf Data Systems. If you've inadvertently transferred a manifest that isn't ready to be picked up, Void the manifest as soon as possible and then re-create it.