Anytime you need to return inventory to a vendor or transfer to another facility, create a return manifest in Greenbits following the steps below.
Before you begin
- Remove the items from your sales floor.
- Split the lots that you plan to return or transfer.
- You can't return or transfer a portion of a unique identifier/lot. Split the quantity you're returning or transferring onto a new unique identifier/lot first.
- If you're transferring the entire remaining quantity of a unique identifier/lot and you've previously made sales or adjustments on this unique identifier/lot, you should still split it first.
- If you transfer a unique identifier/lot that you've sold from or made adjustments to, you're also transferring sales and adjustment records, which may be a compliance issue. Splitting the inventory onto a new lot avoids this problem.
- You don't need to split if you haven't made any sales or adjustments on a unique identifier/lot since you received it.
- Keep the original unique identifier/lot numbers in your inventory.
- The backslash/character is not supported.
- Use the new unique identifier/lot numbers for the return or transfer.
Create a new Return Manifest
At least 6 hours before your inventory is scheduled for pickup, go to Inventory > Return Inventory and select Add Return Manifest. Fill out each field in the New Return Manifest form:
- Shipment Id: The reference number for this manifest will be used as the Manifest ID.
- Pick Up Time: Estimated date and time that the vendor or courier is scheduled to pick up the items to be returned.
- Transportation Type: Select either Vendor Pickup or Third Party Courier.
- Notes: Optional field for any important messages you wish to attach to this manifest.
Next, add the unique identifier/lot numbers you'll be returning.
Some Products may also have a barcode (SKU) for scanning purposes that are not the same as the unique identifier/lot number (see below).
Unique identifier/Lot numbers are case-sensitive, so be sure all letters in the lot number are capitalized.
You cannot return a partial unique identifier/lot. If you are not returning the full remainder of a unique identifier/lot, split the quantity to be returned onto a new unique identifier/lot number.
Next, fill in the Destination Information. This will include the name of the licensee you're returning to (use the official name as listed on 502data.com) and their 6-digit WSLCB license number. Double-check that the information you are entering here matches the state records on 502data.com. Any inaccuracies in this section will hold up the return.
Lastly, fill in Transporter Information. If you are using the Third Party Courier option, the only required information is the courier name and license number (again, check with the courier or check the official state records on 502data.com to ensure you have the correct name and license number).
If using the Vendor Pickup option, you'll need each of the following. The vendor should be able to provide you with all of this information:
- Driver's legal name
- Driver's Transporter ID
- Driver's date of birth
- Vehicle VIN number
- Vehicle year, color, make, and model
- Vehicle license plate number
Retrieving your manifest
Select Save in the upper right to submit the manifest for processing. This will return you to the Return Inventory page, and the manifest you've just created will be shown here with status of Waiting. This indicates that Greenbits has created your return manifest.
The return manifest will always be in the status of Waiting, this just means it is ready for use.
Return manifests cannot be edited once you've saved them. If you make a mistake or need to add more unique identifier/lots to a return manifest, delete the manifest and re-create it.
Three options will appear on the right:
- WCIA - generates a JSON file to provide to the receiving location for easier inventory intake. Greenbits does not generate a URL for the JSON—this is only a file for download.
- PDF - generates a printer-friendly PDF copy of the manifest. You'll need to print this and provide it to the driver.
- Delete - deletes the return manifest from Greenbits. This action cannot be undone.
After you have made your manifest:
- Submit your webform to CCRS
- Once you have given the products on the manifest to your vendor/transporter go into each item and adjust the unique identifier/lot down to zero to remove them from your Greenbits inventory. NOTE: this will not be done automatically.