Updated June 19, 2018
Before June 6, 2018, if you were a dual-license cannabis store in Nevada, you made recreational and medical sales under a single license. On June 6, 2018, Nevada issued a rule change that requires you to sell dual-license (med/rec) products intended for medical sale from a medical license.
Previously, Greenbits recommended selling dual-licensed products to patients as customers until there was more information about the new regulations.
What should I do now?
Decide if you want to sell dual-license products through a medical license to patients or if you want to sell recreational products only.
How do I decide what to do?
Greenbits customer service will reach out to help you explore the following options and decide which one is best for your business:
How do I continue to sell dual-license products to patients?
If you sell dual-license (med/rec) products to patients, you must receive and report sales of those products to your state medical license. In order to stay compliant, you should keep your rec products separate from your med products.
How do I stop medical sales of dual-license products?
- If you have high-THC, medical-only product, Greenbits recommends that you pull them from your sales floor. Work with your producers to return the products.
- Disable Medical transactions in your Greenbits back office.
- Manage cost expectations for your medical patients. Some stores have chosen to create a patient discount so that their medical patients pay a price that is similar to what they expect.
- When medical patients want to purchase products from your store, ring up their sales exactly as you would for any other customer and, if you choose, apply any new discounts for patients that you set up.
How do I disable medical transactions in Greenbits?
- Log in to your Greenbits Back Office.
- Select the settings gear.
- Select Store Options.
- Scroll down to Medical Options, and uncheck Enable Medical Transactions.
What will happen when I disable Medical transactions in Greenbits?
- If you set up any taxes to Exclude Patients, this will no longer apply, since you will only make customer sales now.
- When an existing medical patient comes in to your store, you will no longer be able to add them to the customer queue. Add the patient as a new customer.
- When you are ringing sales, you will no longer have to select Medical or Recreational.
- You will no longer apply patient pricing.