After you set up your store in the Back Office, you can receive your inventory and assign it to products. Once you are done with this training, your inventory will be in Green Bits, and you can move on to learning about registers and reports.
Follow these steps to add and manage your inventory
- Add Products to your inventory:
- Learn how your inventory will be organized in Green Bits and the difference between Product Types, Products, and inventory.
- Review the default product types and decide if you want to add different product types.
- Set a naming convention for your Products or use the one Green Bits recommends.
- Create Products so you can control and organize how inventory appears in your Back Office.
- Receive inventory and associate it with Products:
- Only if you have Manual State Link: Learn how to report your sales and adjustments to Metrc.
- Learn how to manage your inventory:
- Learn why you would set an inventory status for products and inventory items: For Sale, Not for Sale, and Archived.
- Learn how to convert products from bulk to pre-pack or from individual units to packs.
- Learn how to adjust inventory when your inventory changes due to incorrect counts or product drying.
- Learn how to create splits for returning or transferring inventory.
- For Metrc states, learn about merging packages together.
- For Metrc states, learn how to close your packages to keep your inventory up-to-date.
- Learn how to print labels for your cannabis products:
- Learn how to print barcodes on your labels for easy scanning at the register.
Watch this video for an overview of managing your inventory in Green Bits:
Great job adding your inventory! You can start learning how to use your Green Bits Register and reports.