Follow the steps below to set up and start using your Star TSP00IIIU USB receipt printer (model TSP134IIIU) with Green Bits.
- Connect the printer to power and load paper
- Connect the printer to your iPad
- Connect the printer to your cash drawer
- Connect the printer in the Register app settings
- What's next?
Connect the printer to power and load paper
- Connect the power cord to the back of the printer, but don't turn the printer on yet.
- Open the top cover and insert the paper roll as shown below.
Connect the printer to your iPad
- Connect a Lightning cable (the charging cable that came with your iPad) to the 5V USB port on the back of the printer.
Only use Lightning cables manufactured by Apple. Third-party Lightning cables may not provide enough power to keep your iPad charged.
- Connect the other end of the Lightning cable to your iPad.
- On your iPad's home screen, select Settings, then Touch ID & Passcode. Scroll down to the Allow Access When Locked section and toggle on USB Accessories. This helps maintain a stable connection between your printer and iPad.
Connect the printer to your cash drawer
The receipt printer controls the automatic opening of your cash drawer when you complete a transaction in Green Bits, even when you don't print a receipt.
- Locate the cable (type CD-101A) that was included with your cash drawer. Connect the narrower end of this cable to the DK port on the back of the printer.
- Connect the wider end of the cable to the corresponding port on the underside or back of your cash drawer.
Connect the printer in the Register app settings
- Sign in to the Register app.
- Select the menu icon .
- Select Settings.
- Select Receipt Printer.
- Allow several seconds for the app to recognize the printer. Tap TSP143IIIU GY to select and connect to the printer. A check mark appears on the right to indicate the printer is selected.
- Select Test Print to confirm.