If you notice your labels are missing any required information for compliance such as Strain, THC test results, or cultivator information, use this guide to quickly resolve the issue.
- What label information is pulled from what fields in Back Office?
- Why are there two sets of Test Results fields?
- Why does my Product quantity not match the inventory quantity?
- Why is the product name missing from my package label?
- Why is information on my label overprinting/looking jumbled?
Tip: Pre-print package labels from the Back Office for any flower products that are unit based! If your team creates pre-rolls from bulk flower, or pre-packs such as 1g, 3.5g, or 7g prior to putting these on the sales floor, you can print a compliant package label right from the Back Office.
What label information is pulled from what fields in Back Office?
Green Bits pulls the information included on your labels from both the Product and the Inventory pages.
- Strain, Weight, and Flower Type is pulled from the details you entered when you created the Product.
- Your retail license number and store address (if required) come from your Location Settings.
- Your store name comes from either Location Settings or Label Settings, depending on the state you operate in.
- All other information is pulled from the inventory information you add right after you receive inventory, such as test results or cultivator information. To add or edit inventory information, select a Product and go to its Inventory tab. Select Actions > Edit, or select the green SKU number.
Why are there two sets of Test Results fields?
The test results you see on the Product are used for two primary purposes not related to labeling:
Product categorization and organization - Entering test results for a Product is optional, but may come in handy. For instance, if a customer asks if you have any flower in stock that is above a given THC percentage, you can filter your products list to see only flower matching the customer's request.
Displaying THC/CBD percentages on online menu listing services - If you've set up a menu feed integration, the THC and CBD percentages listed will be those entered on the Product, because different packages/lots of the same strain and supplier may have slightly different test results, and also because inventory information is not used in menu integrations. Because results often vary by package/lot, Product test results should represent an approximate average of test results. Menu integration settings will also allow you to show test results within an approximate range, based on your Product test result entries.
Why does my Product quantity not match the inventory quantity?
If you notice a discrepancy between the quantity of a Product and the quantity of a SKU/package/lot, select Show all items or change the filter from For Sale to All.
The Product quantity reflects the total of all associated packages/lots, including those that have been marked Not For Sale. By default, you'll only see For Sale inventory.
Why is the product name missing from my package label?
The package label does not use what you've entered in the product's Name field, rather, it uses the Strain field. If you have a label that is missing the strain name in the upper left corner, find the product in Back Office and fill in the Strain field.
This way you can use your own internal naming convention without printing irrelevant information on the label. For instance, you may choose to name a product "Blue Dream 1g Pre-Rolls (Top Shelf)" but only the strain name "Blue Dream" will print on the label.
Why is information on my label overprinting/looking jumbled?
This may be due to your entries being above the character limit that the label can accept for a given field. Check the inventory details and see if there appears to be an especially long Cultivator Name, for example, and see if there's any way you can abbreviate it.