Budtenders should be focused on delighting customers, not worried about going out of compliance. Owners and budtenders alike can rest assured. When set up properly, Green Bits will show warnings at the register if you're about to go over your state's sales limits.
But in order to ensure you don't over-sell to any customer or patient at your register, you need to apply Transaction Limit Types to Product Types properly in your Back Office.
Transaction Limits = Customer & Patient Sales Limits on the Register
Transaction Limit Type determines Marijuana customer sales limits at the register.
Green Bits will look at all items in the customer shopping cart with the same transaction limit, and ensure that the limit is not surpassed during the sale, keeping your store compliant.
How do you set Sales Limits in Green Bits?
Lucky for you - Transaction Limit Types are set automatically by Green Bits based upon your State's Legislation. These are tied directly to each of your Product Types.
What's a Product Type and what does it have to do with Sales Limits?
Product Types are widely used by a customer to help categorize your menu items. By default, Product Types can include Flower, Pre-Roll, Bulk Flower, Edibles (Liquid/Solid), Extracts, Concentrates, Topicals, or more.
Many customers choose to add Product Types to help categorize your inventory. Adding product types such as "Shake & Trim", "Cartridges", "Vapes/Disposables", etc can help with sorting, running audits, and overall inventory analysis.
Product Types also have another use -- Product Types are the one place where you can:
- Check the Sales Limits, ie - Transaction Limits, tied to your Register Sales
- Edit which Transaction Limit is tied to your Register Sales.
How do I add Sales Limits to my Products?
If you use Green Bits Default Product Types, your transaction Limits are set automatically.
To check what your current Transaction limits are set to, use the "?" on the Product Type edit screen:
You won't be protected without a Transaction Limit on your Product Type
If you create a new product type and do not set Transaction Limit Type, you are missing a critical step.
Without Transaction Limits you will:
- Not have safeguards for overselling, which can put you out of compliance
- Not be able to run certain reports (such as the Oregon Quarterly Tax Report)
- Fail to update patient carry limit (MD only)
To add a Transaction Limit to a new Product Type:
- After you click "Add Product Type", next to "Is Marijuana" choose "Yes".
- The Transaction Limit Type drop-down will appear. Choose the type from this list that best represents your limit type. For instance, for a "Pre-Roll" you will want to choose the Transaction Limit Type for "Flower"
TIPS & TRICKS - Make sure to select which product fields should be editable for this product type & select which tax items apply to this product type before you save.
Go to the next Article: