Regulatory sales limits are based on weight.
Transaction limits safeguard your store only when there are weights assigned to each of your products. Without a weight entered on each unit-based product, the register will see this item as a zero-weight item.
Unit-based products are any of your pre-packaged goods such as edibles, pre-rolls, pre-packaged flowers, cartridges, concentrates, etc.
For instance, if you have a 100mg edible but do not enter a weight in Green Bits, budtenders will be able to sell an infinite amount of these edibles at the register without any sales warnings.
Without weights entered for each of your unit-based products you will:
- Not have safeguards for overselling, which can put you out of compliance
How do I check that all of my units have weight assigned?
Not sure if you have properly entered all of your weight? Export a Product Report, and you'll be able to fill in any gaps.
To export a product report:
- Open the Products page.
- On the upper right-hand corner, click Export > Products. This export contacts product-level data, including Unit of Measure & Weight.
- You should receive an email shortly with your exported product list. Please note - we purposefully zip this file to ensure this email does not go into your spam folder.
- Open your Exported List in Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets.
- For easier browsing, we recommend to filter out Paraphernalia for Column H/"Product Type", and to filter out any Unit of Measure that are not blank for Column U / "Unit of Measure" ("Units" will appear blank in the export). Read more about filters here.
- Look at Column K/"Weight" and Column L "Weight Unit". Ensure that each of these has a value defined.
- If missing a value, search for these products on your Products page, and fill in the weight on your Details tab. Be sure to Save!
Make your life easier - Add weight during intake
When following the steps to Receive Inventory, you will be prompted to either "Search for products", or if the product does not yet exist in your inventory, you may also create a new product at this step.
On the Incoming Manifest:
- Click Search for Products.
- Choose + Add New Product
- After you assign a Product Type, if you set the Unit of Measure to "Units", be sure to immediately add a value for Weight
TIPS & TRICKS - If you have a product that has a weight in MG, be sure to divide that weight by 1000 & then enter it as a gram-based product. Or use a Milligrams to Grams converter tool.
Forgot to enter? Enter your product weight from the Product Details Page
If you forget to add a weight during the intake process, or if you are building a product from scratch before you accept a manifest, you can do it right from the Details tab.
TIPS & TRICKS - Be sure the weights always match between a product and a package ID. For instance, be sure you do not associate a 3.5g-unit package with a product that has the weight set to 1g. This will throw off your reporting.
Go to the next Article: