When you create a Product, fill in as many of the following fields as possible.
Some of these fields are optional and can be toggled on or off at the Product Type level.
If you would like to have the ability to add a vendor, brand, or strain once and using them across your locations, you must have the Manage Account Wide Products permission. Give this permission to anyone in your store who you want to add brands, strains, and vendors across your account.
- Greenbits includes default Product Types for the most common items you will sell.
- The difference between Bulk Flower and Flower is that you can convert Bulk Flower into pre-rolls or smaller weight items. Select Flower if your Product is pre-packaged.
Unit Of Measure
- You cannot change the Unit of Measure after you save the Product.
- Select the unit of measure that you will sell the Product in. There are other units of measure available, but Greenbits recommends that you work in grams, since most flower is sold that way. This means you will need to receive inventory in grams, too.
- For "deli-style" flower, select grams (g).
- For pre-packaged flower, pre-rolls, edibles, or anything else sold as "each", select units. When you select units as your Unit Of Measure, remember to also enter the Weight.
- Occasionally, you may need to receive liquids such as cannabis beverages or tinctures in terms of total volume rather than weight or units. In this case, select fluid ounces (fl oz).
- Learn more about weight-based inventory vs. unit-based inventory.
- Tip: Develop and follow a consistent product naming convention to make inventory management easier.
- The name you enter appears in these places:
- In the Back Office on the Products list
- On the Register
- On barcode labels
- On customer receipts
- This name does not appear on package labels. Package labels use the Strain name.
- Accented characters are not accepted anywhere in the Back Office. For example, if you carry Grön products, you must enter "Gron" in the Back Office.
- If this information is on the manifest, it will automatically populate in the product details.
- This information populates to some menu feeds.
- You can set up Discount Plans for specific brands.
- This information populates to some menu feeds.
- If you selected grams or ounces at the Unit Of Measure, this field is hidden and you'll enter the weight when you sell the Product at the Register.
- If you selected units as the Unit Of Measure, enter the total Weight of each unit/container in either grams or ounces.
- If you don't see a Weight field, check the Product Type to make sure Weight is selected as an Editable Field.
- Do not enter THC/CBD test results or potencies here. Instead, enter these barcode-specific details on the Edit Inventory screen.
- These states require you to track certain types of products based on a value other than the total weight of each unit:
- California: For non-flower items, enter the weight (in grams) of added cannabis concentrate contained in each unit. Ask the vendor for this information if it's not included on the label.
- Michigan: For liquids, enter the total volume (in fluid ounces) of each unit.
- Oregon: For pre-rolls, enter the weight (in grams) of the usable cannabis only. Enter the weight of additional materials, such as the rolling paper or filter, on the Edit Inventory page.
- If you need to convert milligrams to grams, divide the milligrams value by 1000. For example, 100 milligrams / 1000 = 0.1 grams.
- Prints on Package labels
- Can be used on menu feeds
- If your store is in a state that uses a Metrc account that includes strain information, the strain name must be the same in Greenbits and in Metrc. Copy and paste the strain name for accuracy.
Flower Type and Concentrate Type
- Used primarily for menu feeds
- You can auto-calculate test results, so you don't need to enter results on a Product.
- When you enter test results on a Product, they publish on menu feeds. These are approximate test results, as test results may be slightly different for each specific package/batch/harvest.
- These approximate test results also allow you to filter Products on the Products page by THC or CBD level.
- These test results are different than the test results you enter when you receive inventory. When you enter test results on the manifest, Greenbits uses these for transaction limits and labels.
- You can add tags to make it easy to add a discount to a Product.
- Tags can also be used as product filters for menu feeds.
- Internal notes are notes about this Product for your employees. These notes are only displayed on the Details page for this Product.
Add an image here, and Greenbits will automatically pull it into your Weedmaps, dutchie, Leafly, Olla, and Jane online menus.
- Click the plus sign .
- Select an image and select Open.
- Your image opens in the Crop/Resize Photo editor. Drag the blue border until you have the image cropped like you want.
- Important: Images must be less than 4mb after they are cropped. If your image is too large, crop it smaller to crop it smaller in the Crop/Resize Photo editor.
- Select Save.
Add a pricing strategy to your Product.