One of the more common reasons for merging packages in Green Bits is combining leftover shake from multiple packages into a single package.
To ensure a successful merge and keep your inventory in sync, carefully follow these steps:
1. Make all waste adjustments in Green Bits prior to merging shake packages
2. Ensure all of the sales for the original packages have been reported in Metrc
- If the sales have not fully been reported, this will cause reporting issues
- The fastest way to confirm: wait until the end of the day or early the next business day & check your sales totals in Metrc compared to sales totals in Green Bits from the day before. Once these match, you're good to go
- Another way to confirm: confirm that the quantity listed in Green Bits for that package matches the quantity listed in Metrc
3. Confirm the total amount listed in Green Bits is the exact amount you would like to merge.
4. Select the all packages you'd like to merge on the Packages page, then select Merge Selected
- Identify an available package ID/tag to merge these packages into. To do so, log in to Metrc and navigate to Admin > Tags > Open > Available and confirm that the tag you're merging into is "received" and under your active license. Otherwise, Green Bits will be unable to successfully report the merge
- Enter this package ID into New Package ID
- Select a Product to assign to this new package ID
5. Before doing anything further with this new package/product, confirm that it appears in Metrc. This may take up to 30 minutes.
6. Once that package appears in Metrc, physically combine the shake across all 5 of your jars, stick on that new blue tag, print out a barcode sticker, and you're ready to sell.