Audit Logs show the full history of any Product in Greenbits including received inventory, sales, returns, adjustments, and much more.
At a glance
- An Audit Log is a .csv spreadsheet file showing the full detailed history of any Product in your inventory, including non-marijuana products
- Audit Logs are a key tool for investigating inventory discrepancies and keeping employees accountable
- Audit Logs are for single products only. To view the history of an inventory item (a SKU, package, or lot) with multiple associated products, generate an Audit Log for each Product and combine them into one spreadsheet.
How to view an Audit Log
What's included in an Audit Log
- Time (date and time the action took place. Time is listed in 24-hour time in local time zone)
- Package ID/Lot Number (if applicable)
- Action (New Inventory, Sale, Return, Void, Adjustment, Conversion, Package Split, Merge)
- Quantity - amount added or subtracted by each action. Weight-based items will include the unit of measure
- Destination Package ID - only applicable for Split and Merge, showing the new package ID created
- Note - the required notes field on an Adjustment will be recorded here. Adjustments made by the Greenbits API will also show automatically generated notes here:
- Username - user who performed each action.
- Receipt ID - only applicable to Sale, Return, and Void. This Receipt ID can also be looked up in the Activity section of both Back Office and the Register app
- Product Weight / Product Weight Unit - only applicable to unit-based products
- Average Cost Per Unit - wholesale cost per unit
- Product Status - For Sale, Not For Sale, or Archived
- Product Name
- Product Type
- Is Marijuana - YES or NO
Sort and filter an Audit Log
1. Select Sort & Filter from the toolbar:
2. A downward-pointing triangle appears on each column header. Select any column header, for instance, Action:
3. A pop-up window appears with filter options. Select/deselect to filter the data, or search for a particular cell value, such as a specific package ID or SKU:
Combine multiple Audit Logs
- In any spreadsheet program, open one of the Audit Logs you want to combine and click and drag to select all cells containing data.
- Copy the selected data to your clipboard.
- Paste the copied data into a new sheet.
- Repeat steps 1-3 until you have all the data from all of your Audit Logs in one sheet.
- Select Sort & Filter from the toolbar.
- Sort the Time column to organize data chronologically.
- Filter the Package ID and/or SKU columns as needed. For example, if you're investigating a discrepancy on a specific package, apply a filter for the Package ID in question.
For even more advanced strategies for using Audit Logs, see Investigate your negative inventory with Audit Logs