This is the first step in migrating your inventory to Metrc.
- If your store is in Montana, skip to the next step. For all other states, go to your Green Bits Back Office and figure out the number of package tags that you need to purchase:
- Go to Inventory > Products.
- If there are any filters, remove them.
- Select Export > Products.
- Download and open the spreadsheet that Green Bits emails to you.
- Sort the spreadsheet by Category.
- Delete all of the rows that don't have Marijuana under Category.
- Multiply the row number of the last row times 1.35.
For example, if the last row number is 100, you should order 135 tags (100 x 1.35).
- On the Metrc website, purchase the number of package tags that you calculated. If your store is in Montana, order 100 tags.
Make sure these are package tags and not plant tags.
Remember, do not create items in Metrc! Green Bits does this for you.