If your store is set up for bottle and can deposits, you can collect and refund them from the Register.
Whenever a customer purchases a qualifying canned or bottled item, add the appropriate deposit inventory item to the transaction.
When a customer returns empty bottles or cans, there are two ways to process the refund:
Option 1: In the Manage Drawer section of the Register app
- Go to the Manage Drawer section of the Register app.
- Select Paid Out.
- Enter the amount to refund and add a note.
- Select Submit.
The amount and note will then be shown on the Paid In/Paid Out Report (under Other Reports in Back Office).
Option 2: Process a return of the original deposit
- From the Register, go to the Activity page.
- Look up the original transaction ID or search for the bottle deposit Barcode (SKU) to pull up matching transactions.
- Select the original transaction.
- Select Return.
- Add the Bottle Deposit Barcode (SKU) to the return once for every deposit being redeemed. For example, if a customer brings back two bottles, enter the Barcode (SKU) twice as shown below.
- Select Return Items.