When you want to combine units into packs, such as converting 6 joints into 1 multi-pack, you should convert in Green Bits and then package the units together to sell. For more information on when you should convert, see the Convert inventory overview.
To combine unit-based Products into packs:
Before you convert: Fill in compliance information for the inventory you are converting, such as test results or cultivator information. Those details automatically transfer to your converted items.
- Create a new Product for the packs you will create. When you add Product details, select Units for the Unit of Measure.
- Go to Inventory > Products and select the bulk Product that you want to combine into packs.
- Select the Inventory tab.
- Select Actions > Convert.
- Select Search for products and select the Product you just created for packs.
- In the Use field, enter the total number of units that you'll be combining. For example, if you want to create ten 6-packs, enter 60 in the Use field.
- From the Make field, select the combination you will be making. For example, if you are creating ten 6-packs from 60 units, select 10 units of 6 each from the Make field.
- Green Bits automatically generates a random barcode SKU and assigns it to your unit-based product. If you prefer to specify your own SKU, type it into the Barcode field. You cannot re-use an existing SKU for a new conversion.
- Select Print Package Label to print labels for your new combined Products. You can also print labels later.
- Select Convert to complete the conversion.
- Physically combine your items together and apply the new labels, so that your Green Bits inventory matches the inventory on your sales floor.