When you want to combine units into packs, such as converting six pre-rolls into one 6-pack, or combining individual seeds into more manageable units for sale like a 10-pack, you should convert in Greenbits and then package the units together to sell.
For more information on when you should convert, see the Convert inventory overview.
Read more about the benefits of converting inventory here.
To combine unit-based inventory into packs:
Before you convert: Fill in compliance information for the inventory you are converting, such as test results or cultivator information. Those details automatically transfer to your converted items.
- Create a new Product for the packs you will create. When you add Product details, select Units for the Unit of Measure.
- Go to Inventory > Products and select the Product that you want to combine into packs.
- Select the Inventory tab.
- Scroll or use the search bar to find the barcode (SKU) you want to combine, then select Actions > Convert.
- Select Search for products and select the Product you just created for packs.
- In the Use field, enter the total number of units that you'll be combining. For example, if you want to create ten 5-packs, enter 50 in the Use field.
- From the Make field, select the combination you will be making. For example, if you are creating ten 5-packs from 50 units, select 10 units of 5 each from the Make field.
- Verify that the Cost Per fields are accurate. If not, go back to the original manifest and correct the cost, then repeat the above steps.
- Greenbits automatically generates a random barcode (SKU) and assigns it to your unit-based product. If you prefer to specify your own barcode (SKU), type it into the Barcode (SKU) field. You cannot re-use an existing barcode (SKU) for a new conversion.
- Select Print Package Label to print labels for your new combined Products. You can also print labels later.
- Select Convert to complete the conversion.
- Physically combine your items together and apply the new labels, so that your Greenbits inventory matches the inventory on your sales floor.