This information applies to Green Bits customers in Montana that are starting to track their cannabis sales through Metric.
When you receive your license number, Metrc username, and Metrc password, you are ready to start migrating your Green Bits inventory to Metrc.
What you need to do before you begin migrating
Before you begin migrating, there is one thing that stores in Montana must do, based on how Metrc is being implemented in your state:
|What you need to know||What you need to do|
|You can order only 100 package tags at a time.||If you have more than 100 different Products in Green Bits, reduce your Products to 100 or less before the migration.|
|Green Bits will work with you to finish your migration to Metrc.||After you order package tags, continue with the rest of the migration process.|
How do I see how many Products I have in Green Bits?
If you don't know whether or not you have 100 or less Products, export them from Green Bits to get a count.
- Export your Products from Green Bits. Remove any filters.
- Download and open the spreadsheet that Green Bits emails to you.
- Sort the spreadsheet by Is Marijuana.
- Delete all of the rows that have No under Is Marijuana.
The remaining rows are the Products that will require a package tag. If you have more than 100 rows, reduce the number of Products in Green Bits.
How do I reduce the number of Products in Green Bits?
Review your inventory to find Products that you no longer want to carry and sell all of those items before you migrate. If you don't sell the Products you no longer want to carry before you migrate, adjust the quantity to zero and destroy any items in stock. Then, archive those Products in Green Bits.
What do I do if I have a Product with negative inventory?
- If you don't have any quantity of that Product in stock, adjust the inventory quantity to zero so that Green Bits does not migrate that Product.
- If you do have quantity of that Product in stock, make an adjustment to correct the issue before you migrate.
What if I want to migrate more than 100 Products?
In Montana, you can order only 100 package tags at a time. Because of this, if you want to migrate more than 100 Products, your migration will be in multiple phases: Green Bits will migrate 100 of your Products in each phase. There will be about a week between each of the phases.