Periodically checking for possible discrepancies between Green Bits and Metrc as part of your normal auditing process is a great extra safeguard to ensure your inventory is in sync and compliant.
There are two different strategies for this:
Comparing sales totals
Go to the Sales Summary Report in Back Office, select a date or date range, and note the Net Sales under the Marijuana column.
This represents total sales of marijuana products only:
- After discounts, returns, and voids
- Before tax is calculated.
- Log in to Metrc and go to Admin.
- Select Reports.
- Select Reporting Console.
- Select Monthly Sales Report.
- Enter the same date or date range as you entered in Green Bits.
This total should match the net marijuana sales from Green Bits. If not, this may indicate a sales reporting issue. Reach out to Green Bits Support if you're unable to determine the cause of the discrepancy.
Comparing package quantities
If using this method, we recommend comparing your quantities in the morning before opening for business. Sales and adjustments are reflected in Green Bits right away, but may not be reflected in Metrc until up to an hour later, so some variation during the business day is expected.
In Green Bits, go to Inventory > Packages, set the Status filter to to Active, and sort by Quantity:
In a new browser tab or window, log in to Metrc and go to the Active Packages screen. Sort packages by quantity so they appear in the same order as in Green Bits. Scroll through the list and compare the quantities in Green Bits side-by-side with what you see in Metrc.
If you find a discrepancy
Don't panic! Our Support team is very experienced with resolving discrepancies between Green Bits and Metrc.
Before taking any further action, please contact us and provide as much detail as you can about the discrepancy you're seeing, such as:
- The store location (if you have multiple stores)
- Affected package ID(s)
- Quantity of affected package(s) as reflected in Metrc
- Quantity of affected package(s) in your physical inventory
- Package activity export(s) from Metrc, in .xlsx format