To ring a sale at the Register, assign a customer, add items, and charge the customer. When you assign a customer to a sale, Greenbits saves their purchase history and applies taxes based on the settings on your Taxes page.
It's important to scan each item a customer buys separately, even if they are buying multiples of the same item. This keeps your sales compliant and makes sure that sales are linked to the correct Packages/Lots in your traceability system.
Ring a Sale
- Select Attach Customer. If your store uses a Customer Queue, select the customer's name from the queue. If your store does not use a Customer Queue, search for the customer by entering their name, phone number, or email. Select Attach to Order.
- If your state allows anonymous recreational sales, you do not need to attach a customer and only need to Verify Age.
- If they aren't in your system yet, select New Customer to add them.
- When you attach a patient, a dropdown is available to select a caregiver, if needed.
- Once a customer has been added to a sale, their name will appear:
- Select their name to view their Transaction Limits.
- Scan each item the customer wants to purchase. If the customer is purchasing multiples of the same item, scan each item separately instead of scanning one of them multiple times. This keeps your sales compliant and makes sure that sales are linked to the correct Packages/Lots in your traceability system.
- If you scanned the wrong item, swipe left to remove it.
- Apply discounts, if applicable.
- Redeem Loyalty Program Rewards, if applicable.
- Tap the Charge button.
If this button is grey and can't be selected, you either need to assign a Patient or Customer to the sale or verify their age before proceeding.
- Accept the customer's payment.
To erase the sale at any time and start over, tap Clear.