Assign customers and patients to a sale from the Register, so customers can take advantage of Loyalty Programs and so patients can take advantage of tax exemptions. If your customer is not in your system yet, you can create customers from the Register, too.
If your Green Bits admin enabled the Require Customer Information At Purchase Time setting, you will be prompted to enter Customer information at every sale.
If your store uses a Customer Queue, use this workflow instead.
- Begin a medical or recreational transaction.
- Select Customer or Patient.
- If your state specifies different types of patients, create patients in the Back Office instead.
- Enter the customer's information to find the customer or select Add to create a new customer.
- If you are creating a new customer, add the customer's information. If your Green Bits admin enabled the Verify Customer Age At Purchase Time setting, scan the 2D barcode on the back of the customer's driver's license or state ID card to automatically populate First Name, Last Name, and Date of Birth.
Depending on the state and barcode format, ID Number may also automatically populate, or you may need to scan a separate 1D barcode to populate the ID Number. This feature may not work with all IDs and barcode formats.
- Tap Save.
You can continue to ring the sale for this customer, and Green Bits saves their purchase history and applies taxes based on the settings on your Taxes page.